MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Nightingale Forums - Album Artist doubles

Nightingale Forums

Full Version: Album Artist doubles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I set Album Artist to "µZiq", by means of EasyTAG or Nightingale, I see in Nightingale "µZiq, µZiq" as Album Artist and "µZiq" in EasyTAG. See also screenshot. Is this a bug? It looks like Nightingale is rewriting the DI3 tag. Can someone reproduce this?
If I remember correctly, Album Artist isn't a default ID3 tag. What nightingale does, is take the Album Artist from some of the tags other applications use and stores it in a nightingale specific Album Artist tag.
(07-20-2015, 10:40 PM)freaktechnik Wrote: [ -> ]If I remember correctly, Album Artist isn't a default ID3 tag. What nightingale does, is take the Album Artist from some of the tags other applications use and stores it in a nightingale specific Album Artist tag.

The last time I touched the code in there, it was a standard field for ID3v2.4. Iirc tags with multiple values (which are supported in ID3v2.4) are exposed to Nightingale as comma-separated list. Maybe easytag adds its album artist as a new tag, instead of updating the old one?