MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Nightingale Forums - New user...distortions through Nuforce DAC

Nightingale Forums

Full Version: New user...distortions through Nuforce DAC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First time poster...have connected my USB DAC (Nuforce UDac 3) to the back of my Mac Mini 2010 and the sound is distorted and garbled. Have set the output through Audio/Midi set up to read the UDac and output from it. It is set as a default to 44/16 bit. Have not altered any other settings. Am I missing something? Am trying to not have to include the computer itself in the audio chain, prefer to use external DACs if at all possible. Please advise
(02-08-2015, 10:08 PM)rotur Wrote: [ -> ]have connected my USB DAC (Nuforce UDac 3) to the back of my Mac Mini 2010 and the sound is distorted and garbled. Have set the output through Audio/Midi set up to read the UDac and output from it. It is set as a default to 44/16 bit. Have not altered any other settings. Am I missing something?

Is the sound of other applications distorted as well, or is it only Nightingale? We use gstreamer internally, so I assume that other gstreamer applications are affected as well?
Different sizes for the Output Buffer could also fix the distortion. You can adjust it in the Options in the Playback pane.
Have discovered that ouput from other audio sources also distorts...which led me to experiment with some of the other USB ports on the mini...not all of the ports output at the same level. The port on the far right as you look at the rear of the unit does not distort and produces audio as it should be heard...the other three distort. Will now look at the specs on the unit to see what the differences are