MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Nightingale Forums - Display currently playing song in list

Nightingale Forums

Full Version: Display currently playing song in list
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings,

I am trying to get Nightingale to display the current track in the list (View | Media Views | List).

I see on the frontpage of the Nightingale website a picture showing the current song (Drezzed) hightlighted in Blue in the list along with a little speaker icon, but it does not do that for me.

If I go into View | Media View | Filter Pane and then select a music Genre with only a few songs I do see the speaker icon and when I change songs using the 'Next Track' control the speaker icon moves to the active song. However if the playlist is larger than the screen that speaker icon is usually off the screen.

What I was hoping for is that I could sort by this speaker column so that the currently playing song would pop up to the top of the list. Blue would be nice too, but the blue highlight seems to be only associated with a single click on a song. If a new Genre is selected no songs are blue highlighted, the currently playing song has the speaker icon, which you can see if it's not off the screen.

I do understand the currently playing song is in the Player Controls section, but information like 'Last Played' and 'Play Count' are not in the Player Controls.

Version: Nightingale 1.12.1, Build 2454 (20140424085656)
Ubuntu 14.04, 64-bit

Thanks for your time.
(12-13-2014, 10:31 PM)MusicLover Wrote: [ -> ]However if the playlist is larger than the screen that speaker icon is usually off the screen.
The speaker icon should be on the track that is currently playing. You sound like that works? There is not much sense in forcing the speaker icon to be within the visible section of your playlist, as that would mean that you cannot scroll up or down to view the whole thing.

(12-13-2014, 10:31 PM)MusicLover Wrote: [ -> ]What I was hoping for is that I could sort by this speaker column so that the currently playing song would pop up to the top of the list.
As far as I know, that is not possible. The speaker icon is displayed as part of the title column, so the UI would not allow that. Additionally, I think that the speaker icon is technically implemented in a different way than "normal" columns, so that would be quite much work. You could possibly create an add-on to provide a media view handling it that way...

(12-13-2014, 10:31 PM)MusicLover Wrote: [ -> ]Blue would be nice too, but the blue highlight seems to be only associated with a single click on a song. If a new Genre is selected no songs are blue highlighted, the currently playing song has the speaker icon, which you can see if it's not off the screen.
Blue is (at least with most feathers) associated with the selected line in a list. It is crucial that the blue line does not relate to the playing status of a song, as it is a necessary component of keyboard navigation (it represents the focus of your keyboard in the default feather, like in many other applications as well).

In the play queue (right pane) the currently playing track is highlit using a different color / style, depending on your feather.

(12-13-2014, 10:31 PM)MusicLover Wrote: [ -> ]I do understand the currently playing song is in the Player Controls section, but information like 'Last Played' and 'Play Count' are not in the Player Controls.
You can click on the item within the player controls section to focus the currently playing track in the playlist. Additionally, there are add-ons displaying such information in the content pane (the bottom one), for example DetailsPane. For switching between playing and selected track, use the drop-down menu of the pane.
Thanks, clicking on the item in player controls did what I wanted.  Also I installed your plugin, it's a nice complement to an already nice looking player.

Thanks for the help Smile