MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Nightingale Forums - Play Queue Position

Nightingale Forums

Full Version: Play Queue Position
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it possible to move the Play Queue from the right panel to the bottom panel?
(12-09-2014, 07:33 AM)mweidner Wrote: [ -> ]Is it possible to move the Play Queue from the right panel to the bottom panel?

Afaik, no, that is not possible. I think it should be possible to build it into the bottom panel when building by yourself, but allowing both panels could cause trouble with the sequencer if both panels are open simulatanionsly. Haven't tried it though.

The line you might want to edit is in sbPlayQueueContentInfo.js, Line 44.
You might change that to "contentpane".
Thanks for this information. Compiling to get the play queue at the bottom panel seems far too expensive to me. Instead I will use the Now Playing List 2 add-on, as I have done for the past years.

By the way, I think it should be no problem to have to panels with the play queue. A well written program should abstract the program logic from the view. So two views (play queue) should just only show the internal state of the play queue and should act like a model-view-controller architecture, showing changes to the playlist with event callbacks.

I don't know the actual architecture of Nightingale, but maybe in the long distance that could be possible. In the meantime I'm just fine with the Now Playing List 2.

Greetings

Marc
(12-09-2014, 08:38 PM)mweidner Wrote: [ -> ]By the way, I think it should be no problem to have to panels with the play queue. A well written program should abstract the program logic from the view.
While I agree that it should do so, I'm not sure it will actually behave properly. While the internal sequential list should be implemented properly, I'm not sure if the UI can cope with multiple instances. For example drag-and-drop operations, reordering vs. re-adding when dragging from one play queue instance to another. So I just assumed the worst to prevent you from having to build it multiple times and/or experiencing weird issues, I have not looked in the corresponding code. It may run fine Wink
(12-09-2014, 09:10 AM)rsjtdrjgfuzkfg Wrote: [ -> ]The line you might want to edit is in sbPlayQueueContentInfo.js, Line 44.
You might change that to "contentpane".

I have tried to change this entry in the sbPlayQueueContentInfo.js file after installing Nightingale and it just works. It wasn't necessary to compile Nightingale.

Thanks for the info.

But now I'm running into the issue #96: Enable reordering of tracks in play queue

https://github.com/nightingale-media-pla.../issues/96

Any drag and drop operation within the play queue duplicates the selected entry. I have tried it with 1.12.1 final and Nightingale 1.13a, Build 2456 (20141127210256).

Is there any version in which this behavior is finally fixed?
Nope, you'd have to add that patch to your version yourself. Since it's js in an xml file, you should be able to change it and not need to compile Nightingale for it to apply.
(12-17-2014, 03:48 AM)freaktechnik Wrote: [ -> ]Nope, you'd have to add that patch to your version yourself. Since it's js in an xml file, you should be able to change it and not need to compile Nightingale for it to apply.

Yeah, I just applied it to the file playQueuePlaylist.xml in the songbird.jar archive and repacked the songbird.jar archive.

It works just fine so far. Any reason, why this small change isn't in the nightlies?

Btw, I think the one line command should be inserted after the if-else-statement, so it is not duplicated.

Code:
// remove the reordered tracks from play queue
this.mediaListView.removeSelectedMediaItems();

The possibility to the change the position of the play queue from left to bottom could be described in an faq or something similiar. For people like me who have the Mlyrics-Addon on the right side it makes perfect sense to have the play queue at the bottom. The alternative is using the Now Playing List 2 add-on, but this lacks reordering of tracks.

Thanks for the quick response and hints how to solve this issue.

Greetings

Marc
(12-17-2014, 07:48 PM)mweidner Wrote: [ -> ]It works just fine so far. Any reason, why this small change isn't in the nightlies?
The change is in a fork and hasn't been pulled into the nightlies yet, mainly because the original author wanted to add control clicking before merging it into the upstream branch.
Quote:The possibility to the change the position of the play queue from left to bottom could be described in an faq or something similiar.
Feel free to write a wiki article about it and link it where apropriate!