MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Nightingale Forums - New Nightingale user

Nightingale Forums

Full Version: New Nightingale user
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I downloaded Nightingale yesterday to try it in my installation of Ubuntu 14.04 because I did not like the music player that is the default with Ubuntu.

I have a couple of questions and am hoping that someone could help me;;

First of all is it possible to add extra radio stations and remove others, and if so, how? There does not appear to be a way of doing this

Secondly I have downloaded two operas and have ripped a CD. This has not been successful in that all three items are jumbled up. For example bits of one opera appear with bits of the other and tracks from the CD are scattered all over the disc. Is there any way of sorting the items so that they are all in the correct order? There does not appear to be a "Sort" facility

Any help would be greatly appreciated
(10-24-2014, 01:34 AM)CHRISCS Wrote: [ -> ]First of all is it possible to add extra radio stations and remove others, and if so, how? There does not appear to be a way of doing this
Are you speaking of radio stations in combination with an extension? If not, you can play a stream by going to File -> Open Location... Else you'd have to specify which radio extension you are using.

Quote:Secondly I have downloaded two operas and have ripped a CD. This has not been successful in that all three items are jumbled up. For example bits of one opera appear with bits of the other and tracks from the CD are scattered all over the disc. Is there any way of sorting the items so that they are all in the correct order? There does not appear to be a "Sort" facility
If they have the track number ("Track #") tags and are in the same album, they should be ordered correctly when sorting by album.
(10-24-2014, 05:31 AM)freaktechnik Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-24-2014, 01:34 AM)CHRISCS Wrote: [ -> ]First of all is it possible to add extra radio stations and remove others, and if so, how? There does not appear to be a way of doing this
Are you speaking of radio stations in combination with an extension? If not, you can play a stream by going to File -> Open Location... Else you'd have to specify which radio extension you are using.

Quote:Secondly I have downloaded two operas and have ripped a CD. This has not been successful in that all three items are jumbled up. For example bits of one opera appear with bits of the other and tracks from the CD are scattered all over the disc. Is there any way of sorting the items so that they are all in the correct order? There does not appear to be a "Sort" facility
If they have the track number ("Track #") tags and are in the same album, they should be ordered correctly when sorting by album.

Hi freaktechnik

Thanks for your reply.

First of all, I was unable to login via the login screen. Every time I tried to pit in my details the screen reverted to the welcome screen for the forum. When I clicked on 'login' the screen went dark and it was then when I tried to login that the csreen returned to what it was before. I have only got this far by clicking on your name and sending you an e-mail. When I did that I was able to logon properly.

I tried "Open location" and entering the URL (http://mediaweb.musicradio.com/show.asx?streamid=2) but it would not work

Also, the various operas have track (and disc) numbers but they are not ordered correctly. I do not know whether this is a problem with Ubuntu or not. I also installed Nightingale on my Windowds 7 installation but have not, so far, tried installing the downloaded operas. Partly because I might wipe Windows from my machine and just use Linux and partly because I don't want to do something that may not work properly.

Anyway, thatk you for your help
Chris
I'll try that stream later, but for managing radios I would suggest the direct tune extension: http://wiki.getnightingale.com/doku.php?...directtune

Regarding the sort order: it should be operating system independent, as long as the metadata in the Nightingale library is equal. As they already have track and disc numbers, I assume they don't have matching artists, so the album is split into multiple albums by artist. To solve that, you'd have to sat an album artist, equal for all tracks of an album/opera.
I'd appreciate a screenshot of your library, as it might show the reason for the messed up sort order.
> First of all, I was unable to login via the login screen. Every time I tried to pit in my details > the screen reverted to the welcome screen for the forum.

Same thing here. The new forum is crap.
I can login via the 'Portal' link, and then return to the forum. But it is annoying.
(10-26-2014, 09:17 PM)tibitts Wrote: [ -> ]> First of all, I was unable to login via the login screen. Every time I tried to pit in my details > the screen reverted to the welcome screen for the forum.

Same thing here. The new forum is crap.
I can login via the 'Portal' link, and then return to the forum. But it is annoying.

Yeah, while making the forum theme fit in with our website (the new design) I broke the login screen - fixing it as I'm writing this.[/OFFTOPIC]
So I finally tried to play mediaweb.musicradio.com/show.asx?streamid=2, and it seems like gstreamer doesn't want to play it, as there is some kind of format error (probably the file headers not matching the file extension). You can see the errors when you open a new tab and try to load the URL.
(10-27-2014, 10:28 PM)freaktechnik Wrote: [ -> ]So I finally tried to play mediaweb.musicradio.com/show.asx?streamid=2, and it seems like gstreamer doesn't want to play it, as there is some kind of format error

From just looking at it from a wide distance, that looks like an asx playlist, pointing to the actual media stream. Directly entering playlists does not work afaik; DirectTune can handle them, but at the moment only m3u and pls (not asx, which is some M$ stuff). The actual stream is currenly hosted under these URIs (untested):
Code:
http://mediasrv-sov.musicradio.com/ClassicFM
http://mediasrv-the.musicradio.com/ClassicFM
Hi freaktehnik

Sorry to be so long getting back to you; I have just upgraded my Ubuntu installation from 14.04 to 4.10 and in the process have lost Nightngale. It appears that Nghtingale is not supported by the latest version of Ubuntu because I entered the ppa: as described on the download page but Ubuntu 14.10 refused to accept it.

I will get back to you when and if NIghtigale can be installed in this version of Ubuntu.. The music files are in the correct order in my Ubuntu directory. It was when Nightingale read the that hey got jumbled up
Yep, haven't built nightingale for 14.10 yet. Really should do that asap.
EDIT: there should now be a nightingale package available for 14.10.