MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Nightingale Forums - Nightingale suddenly won't open anymore.

Nightingale Forums

Full Version: Nightingale suddenly won't open anymore.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I was getting started with Nightingale, downloading addons and customizing stuff, and I was really liking it. Then, I thought I'd try downloading a feather. I figured I would download Walnut, and see what that looks like.

I restarted Nightingale to apply the changes and now all that happens whenever I open the app is that "Nightingale" appears in the menubar as the active application, and the little white dot shows up on the dock under its icon. Other than that, it does nothing. I need to Force Quit Nightingale in order to close it.

I tried removing the app, and then starting over from the DMG file. Same thing happened. I tried removing the app and the DMG file and starting from the beginning by redownloading the app from Sourceforge. After that, the app still won't open. No idea why.

It's a shame. I really liked the app. Anyone know what's going on here?

Nightingale 1.12.1
Mac OS X 10.9.5
You could try to run nightingale with a clean profile or delete the walnut feather from your profile.
Unfortunately I'm not actually sure where the profiles are stored in OSX.
The profiles on OS X are stored under ~/Library/Application Support/Nightingale/Profiles. You can delete extensions from the extensions folder, or, as Ezekiel recommended launch Nightingale with a different profile. To do so, add the -p paramater when launching Nightingale, which will then present you with the profile manger, where you can create a new profile.
I tried again today and the "View" tab in the menubar showed up this time, so I just selected the default feather and now I can see everything. So it's all good.

Also, I don't see a Nightingale folder in the Application Support folder. :/ Any idea why?