MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Nightingale Forums - v1.13a closing unexpectedly

Nightingale Forums

Full Version: v1.13a closing unexpectedly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
For some reasons Linux nightly builds are only available as 64-bit builds now, that doesn't help me.
So I have to build again from source. I'm not a git wizard, but I guess I don't have to clone the entire repository every time after a commit was done.

Would this be the correct procedure to grab the recent changes?

~/Downloads/nightingale/nightingale-hacking> git pull

When the response to this is 'Already up-to-date.' then I suppose I do have your recent fix?

There is no difference with your fix. NG still crashes with NSPR_LOG_MODULES=ngDBusConnection:5:

Program ././nightingale-bin (pid = 11410) received signal 11.
Stack:
__kernel_rt_sigreturn+0x00000000 [linux-gate.so.1 +0x0000040C]
UNKNOWN [/home/christ1/Downloads/nightingale/nightingale-hacking/compiled/dist/xulrunner/libnspr4.so +0x00011D54]
PR_vsnprintf+0x0000007B [/home/christ1/Downloads/nightingale/nightingale-hacking/compiled/dist/xulrunner/libnspr4.so +0x000122AC]
PR_LogPrint+0x00000182 [/home/christ1/Downloads/nightingale/nightingale-hacking/compiled/dist/xulrunner/libnspr4.so +0x0000FE53]
ngDBusConnection::SetBoolArg(int)+0x00000082 [/home/christ1/Downloads/nightingale/nightingale-hacking/compiled/dist/extensions/mpris@getnightingale.com/platform/Linux_x86-gcc3/components/ngDBusConnection_d.so +0x00009302]
UNKNOWN [/home/christ1/Downloads/nightingale/nightingale-hacking/compiled/dist/xulrunner/libxul.so +0x003324CB]
UNKNOWN [/home/christ1/Downloads/nightingale/nightingale-hacking/compiled/dist/xulrunner/libxul.so +0x0033F1F0]
js_Invoke+0x0000095D [/home/christ1/Downloads/nightingale/nightingale-hacking/compiled/dist/xulrunner/libmozjs.so +0x000A204B]
UNKNOWN [/home/christ1/Downloads/nightingale/nightingale-hacking/compiled/dist/xulrunner/libmozjs.so +0x0008FF87]
js_Invoke+0x000009A6 [/home/christ1/Downloads/nightingale/nightingale-hacking/compiled/dist/xulrunner/libmozjs.so +0x000A2094]
UNKNOWN [/home/christ1/Downloads/nightingale/nightingale-hacking/compiled/dist/xulrunner/libxul.so +0x00329682]
UNKNOWN [/home/christ1/Downloads/nightingale/nightingale-hacking/compiled/dist/xulrunner/libxul.so +0x0032101D]
UNKNOWN [/home/christ1/Downloads/nightingale/nightingale-hacking/compiled/dist/xulrunner/libxul.so +0x0152C61A]
Sleeping for 300 seconds.
Type 'gdb ././nightingale-bin 11410' to attach your debugger to this thread.
(09-27-2014, 11:33 PM)tibitts Wrote: [ -> ]For some reasons Linux nightly builds are only available as 64-bit builds now, that doesn't help me.
Yeah, our build infrastructure is a bit unreliable atm, but I hear GeekShadow's activel (cough) working on improving that. I am sorry that yxou as a result have to compile ngale yourself, I hope it doesn't take too long.
Quote:Would this be the correct procedure to grab the recent changes?

Code:
~/Downloads/nightingale/nightingale-hacking> git pull
Yes.
Quote:When the response to this is 'Already up-to-date.' then I suppose I do have your recent fix?
Yes.
Quote:There is no difference with your fix. NG still crashes with NSPR_LOG_MODULES=ngDBusConnection:5:
Well, it crashes in a different place. Sorry about that. Apparently my libnspr and yours have different ideas of how to log things, at it worked fine for me.
Again, I hope to have fixed the logging issue, so I guess I still have not found the main issue. Hopefully that's all the crashes.
The main issue still exists.
I suppose the logging issue needs to be addressed first before tackling the main issue?
Crap, completely forgot to mention, that I fiexed that logging issue, well I hope I did. It works on my system, but that seems to be irrelevant.
Let me know if you want the mp3 file causing the trouble here (it's not just one). Alternatively you may just download a track from 7digital.com and give it a try.
I would _guess_ that just knowing the tags would work, however so far I have no idea where exactly the issue is occuring, other than it's an issue with a string containing an invalid character.
Good news!
After I was able to see the error (at least what I think was the bug, as there is no clear data from tibitts, thanks to logging crashing too), but it didn't crash for me, I was able to fix it. I opened Issue #325 for it, which I could already close again.
So if you could try a nightly from tonight (should be built in about 10 hours from this post, iirc), tibitts and report if it now works for you.
I tried the nightly from 10/08/14 (had to compile it myself again). Good news, the problem is fixed, Nightingale isn't crashing anymore.
Thanks for the quick fix.Now looking forward to the 1.13 release.
Pages: 1 2