MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Nightingale Forums - Watch folder problem

Nightingale Forums

Full Version: Watch folder problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was a user of Songbird but for reasons I can't quite remember I stopped using it. I have now found Nightingale and like it a lot. However, after adding another drive I don't want to use the drive where my media files were located. Nightingale now tells me on startup that my watch folder has changed...... Can someone please tell me where I can change this folder to match where my media files now are? I have removed Nightingale and re-installed it but it seems to remember this folder! Any help would be appreciated.
Hi Albioninoz! Glad to hear you're liking Nightingale!
I believe you should be able to do one of the following to resolve your problem:

First way:
Open Nightingale
Go to Edit -> Preferences
Select the "Media Importer" tab
In that page, change from the "iTunes Import/Export" tab to the "Watch Folders" tab
There, you should be able to change the directory to the new location of your media.
It should look something like this: [Image: WatchFolders.png]

Alternatively, if you wanted to re-do the first run setup, clearing *all* of the settings, you can delete the following directories:
Warning: this will delete ALL profiles and ALL settings, so if you use multiple profiles, this method shouldn't be used.

For Windows:
"C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Nightingale"
and
"C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Nightingale"

For Mac:
"<Home Folder>/Application Support/Nightingale"

For Linux:
"<Home Folder>/.nightingale"

A final possible solution:
You can try starting Nightingale with a clean/new profile. This can be done by running nightingale with the "-p" flag. Off the top of my head, I can't remember if there is an easier way to start with a new profile on Windows.

Hopefully some of this has been helpful! Let us know how it goes!
(08-23-2014, 12:32 AM)johnmurrayvi Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Albioninoz! Glad to hear you're liking Nightingale!
I believe you should be able to do one of the following to resolve your problem:

First way:
Open Nightingale
Go to Edit -> Preferences
Select the "Media Importer" tab
In that page, change from the "iTunes Import/Export" tab to the "Watch Folders" tab
There, you should be able to change the directory to the new location of your media.
It should look something like this: [Image: WatchFolders.png]

Alternatively, if you wanted to re-do the first run setup, clearing *all* of the settings, you can delete the following directories:
Warning: this will delete ALL profiles and ALL settings, so if you use multiple profiles, this method shouldn't be used.

For Windows:
"C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Nightingale"
and
"C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Nightingale"

For Mac:
"<Home Folder>/Application Support/Nightingale"

For Linux:
"<Home Folder>/.nightingale"

A final possible solution:
You can try starting Nightingale with a clean/new profile. This can be done by running nightingale with the "-p" flag. Off the top of my head, I can't remember if there is an easier way to start with a new profile on Windows.

Hopefully some of this has been helpful! Let us know how it goes!

Easy when you know how! Thanks for that. Now I can enjoy.