MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Nightingale Forums - Media Keys

Nightingale Forums

Full Version: Media Keys
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was wondering if there was any way to use media keys to control nightingale(pause/play/next etc.). I tried the suggestions on this website, but none worked for me. I am running ubuntu 14.04, nightingale 1.12.1

Thanks, Ruairidh
Hi Ruairidh
As noted in the release notes of Nightingale 1.13, Nightingale didn't support media keys yet, but does from 1.13 on.
So if you want media keys (and indicator-sound integration) immediately, you can use the (pretty stable looking) nightly version of 1.13, by adding the nightly PPA to your system and reinstalling the nightingale package:
Code:
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:nightingaleteam/nightingale-nightly
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install nightingale
Note that music playback only works when using Nightingale in english in the nightly version.