MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Nightingale Forums - How to erase invalid entries?

Nightingale Forums

Full Version: How to erase invalid entries?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
By copying and moving I managed to have a lot of entries in my database that are not connected to files on the disk anymore. Sad As the program often stucks now when it does not find the file, I would like to erase all invalid entries from my database. Does anybody know a way for this? Thank you in advance.
PS I tried the following way already: I moved an artist folder away from my 'watched' folder. Then started Nightingale and the artist disappeared from the database list. But when I then changed my 'watched' folder to the new one, both entries appear in the list, the correct one and the invalid one.
(08-07-2014, 07:18 AM)Lupo Wrote: [ -> ]By copying and moving I managed to have a lot of entries in my database that are not connected to files on the disk anymore.

Is there a reason why you started this thread in the synchronization subforum? If not, I'd move it to the general helpdesk.

In theory the add-on "The Exorcist" should be able to fix the issue you're describing.

If not, you can try re-populating the whole database. For that, disabling all watch folders, then deleting all items in the library and finally re-adding the watch folders should work (and adding songs from outside the watchfolders, if required). You will usually loose all play- and skipcounts as well as ratings; however you can store and re-import them using the RatingFile add-on.
Thank you so far!
Yes, you can move the post where you think it fits better. I thought it is a question of synchronization.
I installed and activated The Exorcist, but I don't find a way to start and use it. Can you or anybody help me with this?
(08-07-2014, 05:23 PM)Lupo Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you so far!
Yes, you can move the post where you think it fits better. I thought it is a question of synchronization.
I installed and activated The Exorcist, but I don't find a way to start and use it. Can you or anybody help me with this?

Excorsist adds two additional media views (list, list with filter panes, mediaflow etc.). You can switch to them either using the view -> media view menu or select it from the dropdown next to the searchbox.
Excorsist adds two additional media views (list, list with filter panes, mediaflow etc.). You can switch to them either using the view -> media view menu or select it from the dropdown next to the searchbox.
[/quote]
Thank you very much. Seems like it works!
(08-07-2014, 05:23 PM)Lupo Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, you can move the post where you think it fits better. I thought it is a question of synchronization.

The synchronization subforum deals with the synchronization feature (that is, keeping a folder in sync with your library, for example a mp3 player or smartphone), while I personally would consider your question to be more related to the core application (the library management and playback part). Thus, [moved] to the main helpdesk.
Thus, [moved] to the main helpdesk.
[/quote]
No problem, thank you.