MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Nightingale Forums - Subgenre support

Nightingale Forums

Full Version: Subgenre support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I don't know about anybody else, but I like to keep the bulk of my music accessible via generalized genres. It is nice on occasion to slim this down for a session and listen to a particular sub genre.
Example: all my Electronica music is categorized as such.
Example 2: it would be nice to additionally categorize, those that qualify, as Electro, House, Nu-Disco, Dubstep, etc

I got enough on my programming plate for the time being, and I am sure I wouldn't be able to make the necessary modifications without vast help understanding the project in the first place. So whoever is capable and willing please add delimiters to the genre id3 tag parsing.

Cheers
(08-06-2014, 08:06 PM)freaktechnik Wrote: [ -> ]Issue #86

For the reference: this issue is about fully supporting ID3v4, which already has the feature you wish for, it is not about adding custom delimiters.

If you should ever decide to wish to contribute code, feel free to contact us, we can give you some starting points so you do not have to go through the whole project.
(08-06-2014, 11:06 PM)rsjtdrjgfuzkfg Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-06-2014, 08:06 PM)freaktechnik Wrote: [ -> ]Issue #86

For the reference: this issue is about fully supporting ID3v4, which already has the feature you wish for, it is not about adding custom delimiters.

If you should ever decide to wish to contribute code, feel free to contact us, we can give you some starting points so you do not have to go through the whole project.

First I would like to say that I think it is great this is already on the todo list, albeit potentially 86 issues down it.

Aside from that, I will keep it in mind; I may well come asking for those starting points.