MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Nightingale Forums - No m4a files playing in Nightingale

Nightingale Forums

Full Version: No m4a files playing in Nightingale
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm sure others have had this problem, but I can't find a thread relating to this specific problem. No m4a files in my Nightingale library (which is a significant number) are playing. Their metadata (imported from Songbird) is there but Nightingale just skips over them and can't play them.

Is there a way to fix this? Some kind of patch or add on that will make this work, or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

(I'm using Windows 7)
(07-30-2014, 12:20 AM)flane Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sure others have had this problem, but I can't find a thread relating to this specific problem. No m4a files in my Nightingale library (which is a significant number) are playing. Their metadata (imported from Songbird) is there but Nightingale just skips over them and can't play them.

Is there a way to fix this? Some kind of patch or add on that will make this work, or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

(I'm using Windows 7)

[Moved] to helpdesk. Please use the synchronization forum only for synchronization-related content.

I cannot really help you on the issue as I do not use m4a... and thus have nothing to test it with. I'd guess that you may need QuickTime to be installed or something like that, though.
I'm fairly certain that installing QuickTime, like @rsjtdrjgfuzkfg mentioned, should solve your issues.
I ran into the same thing awhile back.
Sorry, wasn't sure where to put this thread when I made it.

This is now working since downloading quicktime, thanks very much. I didn't realise Nightingale used other media programmes and uninstalled quicktime to make space on my PC.