MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Nightingale Forums - Edit Feathers?

Nightingale Forums

Full Version: Edit Feathers?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think the title probably speaks for itself, but in the spirit of knowledge I will provide the whole story. I installed the application, and I am impressed it is like a better functioning songbird with a better name to boot. Looked through all the feathers and found a couple that interested me, but none really have their colours quite the way I'd like. So as the title might suggest I am interested in editing them.

I was able to find the .jar file related to the feather I want to edit but it seems to pull the colours from .css stylesheets. I am wondering where I can find those, and if I am mistaken hopefully somebody can point me in the right direction. I am trying to edit the pink martini feather.
Just open the jar like a zip and you'll find all the resources used inside. Alternatively you can find the source of the pink martini feather here.
(07-21-2014, 08:16 PM)freaktechnik Wrote: [ -> ]Just open the jar like a zip and you'll find all the resources used inside. Alternatively you can find the source of the pink martini feather here.

Oh wow I didn't realize that jar files were a sort of archive! Thanks!
I don't expect a reply on this one, but fortune favours the bold.

Where would one go to edit the Library header's graphic? I don't like the background colour for any of the collapse-able sections (both kinds: header titles & dividers with mouse-over arrows). I don't know the anatomy of Nightingale so my endeavour is slightly harder than I would prefer. I would expect it to be ..\skin\display-pane\bg-header.png but when I alter it and package the jar file no changes occur. I have already changed a number of graphics, so I am fairly confident it isn't user error.

I have yet to even look for the dividers with the arrows when you mouse-over them (whatever they are called).
The most likely to know which image you'd have to change would be GeekShadow. However I'm pretty sure he doesn't know it off the bat either. So you'll have to search for the image and try it out. Make sure to restart Nightingale after exchanging the jar!
(07-22-2014, 03:16 AM)sagenth Wrote: [ -> ]Where would one go to edit the Library header's graphic? I don't like the background colour for any of the collapse-able sections (both kinds: header titles & dividers with mouse-over arrows).

Playlists use regular tree columns afaik, so chrome://songbird/skin/base-elements/bg-table-header.png is the resource you're after. In most feathers, that maps to chrome/skin/base-elements/bg-table-header.png; the exact location may depend on build options and the feather you're altering.