MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Nightingale Forums - Songbird to Nightingale Database Help

Nightingale Forums

Full Version: Songbird to Nightingale Database Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I'm slightly behind the times and am only now updating from Songbird to Nightingale.

I've been following the instructions here to do this, but do not know how to proceed with Step 3, as I can not open the prefs.js in my profile folder (it comes up with a 'Windows Script Host' error).

Since completing Steps 1 and 2 of the migration, I have not been able to open Nightingale. I get the window 'Close Nightingale' "Nightingale is already running, but is not responding. To open a new window, you must first close the existing Nightingale process, or restart your system."

Nightingale does not, however, seem to be running in my Task Manager and I have tried restarting twice.

Can I have some help with regard to all this?

Cheers

Songbird: 2.2.0
Nightingale: 1.12.1
To open the prefs.js file under Windows, right click it and select "Open with..." and then if there is no thext editor in the list, go to choose application etc.

EDIT: the second problem is likely caused by a lockfile still being present, not sure though, I think we also had cases where that'd happen when migrating without the lock file being present.
I've sorted the databases now - thanks very much, I didn't realise they opened like normal text files.

I still, however, can't open Nightingale due to the 'Close Nightingale' problem outlined above. Do you have any suggestions as to how I can go about fixing this?
(07-17-2014, 06:17 PM)flane Wrote: [ -> ]I still, however, can't open Nightingale due to the 'Close Nightingale' problem outlined above. Do you have any suggestions as to how I can go about fixing this?
This sounds like http://forum.getnightingale.com/thread-709-page-2.html :S
Hello again! After opening nightingale with the parameters suggested in http://forum.getnightingale.com/thread-709-page-2.html , I could open Nightingale again but still could not see the Songbird library.

Just now however, I have copied all the content from the default profile (the songbird data) to replace all the data in the new profile, and everything is now in Nightingale and working Smile Thanks for all your help