MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Nightingale Forums - Can't import/play

Nightingale Forums

Full Version: Can't import/play
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm on Linux.
It just won't import the music files, except for the .wma (which don't play). All the music is on my Windows partition, but I tried also copying some files to the Linux partition and won't recognize those either.
Also the few .wma files loaded don't show they tags, just the file names.
The player looks awesome and it seems that you help much the people with issues but it just won't do anything Undecided
Oh and sorry for my english, I really don't speak it very well.
Hi
First, I guess by "export" you are referring to adding files to your library in Nightingale, right?
Are the WMA files DRM protected, if not do you have all the gstreamer0.10-plugin packages?
The thing with the tags, could be an issue we're having with reading write-protected tags. Or something else...
(06-13-2014, 01:09 AM)freaktechnik Wrote: [ -> ]Hi
First, I guess by "export" you are referring to adding files to your library in Nightingale, right?
Are the WMA files DRM protected, if not do you have all the gstreamer0.10-plugin packages?
The thing with the tags, could be an issue we're having with reading write-protected tags. Or something else...

Oh, yes sorry, i meant import! Anyway, yes, that's what i was trying to say.

I don't think the files are protected, though sometimes while editing tags on EasyTag, there's a message saying that the files are only for reading and if I want to eliminate the read-only characteristic. So, lots of files of which I have changed tags should be loaded.

I've just got the packages and they don't seem to have any effects. If it helps, Rythmbox seems to play everything just fine. Maybe my Nightingale files aren't fine? At first I downloaded it from Chromium, then tried to install it from the terminal but I can't find it now Sad
What distro are you on?
(06-13-2014, 07:41 AM)freaktechnik Wrote: [ -> ]What distro are you on?
Shitty Argentine-made distro called Huayra, largely based on Debian. Xfce as GUI.
If you installed Nightingale with a .deb file, it's most likely an outdated version. The archive from our website does not need to be installed, just extract it and run nightingale.
In theory this should use you system's gstreamer 0.10 to play any files. As mentioned, Nightingale might have trouble importing files for which it doesn't have read and write permissions due to a bug. If a file has damaged tags the import could break too, and you'd get a lot of items without any libels in your library (empty, but selectable rows).