MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Nightingale Forums - Encoding issue

Nightingale Forums

Full Version: Encoding issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I turned off auto-encoding, but whenever encoding i set it stays UTF-8 so my files a shown wrong.
(06-10-2014, 03:30 PM)emoxam Wrote: [ -> ]I turned off auto-encoding, but whenever encoding i set it stays UTF-8 so my files a shown wrong.

Can you give us a little bit more input? Which OS, which version of Nightingale, what type of files? Do you have reference files affected by the behaviour you mentioned licensed under a free license you could publish for us to examine the issue?
Windows 7 SP1 x64 Utimate
Nightingale 1.12.1, Build 2454 (20140111214227)
Mp3 files (btw songbird doesn't have this issue)

I wanted to upload mp3 file but there is "Can not upload file - Too large for php post_max_size directive. Please press the back button."

i select another mp3 but here's a "The type of file that you attached is not allowed. Please remove the attachment or choose a different type."

then i rename it to txt and "The file you attached is too large. The maximum size for that type of file is 200 kilobytes."
Sorry guys
(06-11-2014, 03:05 PM)emoxam Wrote: [ -> ]I wanted to upload mp3 file but there is "Can not upload file - Too large for php post_max_size directive. Please press the back button."

i select another mp3 but here's a "The type of file that you attached is not allowed. Please remove the attachment or choose a different type."

then i rename it to txt and "The file you attached is too large. The maximum size for that type of file is 200 kilobytes."

The forum only allows a specific size for files, and for some file types (for example txt) the size is even smaller. You can upload it to some kind of file hosting platform (for example Dropbox or Mediafire) and post the link here.
(06-11-2014, 08:59 PM)emoxam Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, pity. Ok. here it is
https://www.dropbox.com/s/l7y48m3c6e21cq...%D1%8B.mp3

Hm. For me this file does not contain any valid tags. Or, more specifically, I cannot get any readable (it should look like the file name, right?) metadata out of its tags, with no program. I tried (besides Nightingale) Windows Explorer and mp3tag, all with the same result as within Nightingale. Are you sure the encoding of your tags is valid? What program did you produce the tags with?
It's Russian letters/words.
The screenshot i provided at first post is what it looks like at Nightingale.
The screenshot i provide now is how it shoul be when it's ok. For example let it be Explorer.

And here is a singbird screenshot, where there is no such problem.
I tried the file you uploaded in nightingale, vlc, AudioTagTool and Kid3-qt but all of them show junk characters rather than Russian text, although I had to rename the file to remove Russian characters to open it in Nightingale.
(06-11-2014, 11:47 PM)emoxam Wrote: [ -> ]It's Russian letters/words.
In the windows explorer, I get the same letters as in Nightingale. However Songbird worked for me. Weird.

However, I found the reason:
Your file seems to be UTF-8 encoded while being on ID3v2.3 and advertising ISO-8859-1. The standard does not allow that (UTF-8 requires ID3v2.4 and must be explicitly marked). It seems like Songbird (or whatever you used) wrote invalid tags...
You see.. in case of everybody but you violates the rules, maybe you should do it too to avoid such threads?
Pages: 1 2