MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Nightingale Forums - Adding music

Nightingale Forums

Full Version: Adding music
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I realize that this should be a rather obvious question, but how do I add music to Nightingale? I've tried the "Import Media" option, but everytime I try, nothing happens. I'm not really sure what I'm missing here because it seems like it should be straightforward.

And if it makes any difference, I am running Nightingale on Debian, and the files I am trying to import are mp3s I downloaded.

Thanks.
Does the statusbar at the bottom show "0 Items Added" after importing media?
If yes, make sure you have the gstreamer0.10-plugins-ugly installed.
It actually doesn't say anything. It just acts like nothing happened. When I try to open the player, it gives me this message:

"Nightingale is unable to start.

In order for Nightingale to function correctly, your library needs to be deleted. This action cannot be undone. You will lose subscriptions, playlists and track metadata edited in Nightingale.

Your media files are safe and will not be deleted, but you'll need to rescan them."

Have I, perhaps, not installed it correctly? I have downloaded the file and am able to open it, but I can't find it listed in my applications.
Nightingale does not get installed on your debian system as of yet. This also means it will not automatically install all the dependencies we have. Exactly which file did you download?
The problem you are now encountering is caused by sqlite. Did you install the gstreamer plugin and then you got the error message when starting?
Honestly, we've had this problem already, but don't ask me what the cause of it was.
What version of Debian are you on?
[moved to OS support]
I did. Is there something else I should be looking at that might be causing the problem?
As I said, what version of Debian ar you on and which file did you download?
You might have an older version of taglib than we require normally.

If you want to make sure nightingale works well, best would be building it on your own, but it should work without that.
Sorry about that. It's wheezy (7.4). As for nightingale, I'm using 1.12.1 for Linux 64-bit.
Could you try the Unity/GNOME integration build from http://getnightingale.com/all-versions.php ? You might have to delete the unity integration extension (it's right inside the extensions folder) so Nightingale can start properly.