MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Nightingale Forums - Collapsing Songlist Pane

Nightingale Forums

Full Version: Collapsing Songlist Pane
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings.

I am a Songbird user and I would like to migrate to Nightingale if a few features are included.

I use the Whirlybird addon to display album art. I would like to be able to collapse all of the panes EXCEPT the Whirlybird pane so that all that is showing is Whirlybird and the player controls.

Right now, it is seemingly impossible to collapse the Songlist pane (that would be the pane which includes what song is playing, the artist, genre, etc, etc). When you try to resize it down to nothing with the handle, it just snaps back.

I would think it would be a very simple fix to make it possible to resize the Songlist pane to zero, essentially collapsing it. (What would be really nice is if, in the View Menu, you could elect to Show/Hide any pane.)

The other features I would like are actually already supposedly included in Nightingale, but they may or may not be buggy. (I noticed these things in the list of known bugs.)

1) The Smartlists would have to work as advertised, with all Boolean logic being functional. Having the NOT operator not work isn't so good.

2) Nightingale shouldn't do things like delete files on its own (!) or change sampling rates, say from 44.1 to 11 or 48, which sometimes happens in Songbird.

Other than that, Nightingale, like Songbird, is a wonderful media player.
Hi
What a mediaview does is completely its own business. That whyrlibird has two panes is just how the addon works. Technically the playlist is not collapsible. The snapping back is code from mediaflow.

The not operator not working isn't confirmed as far as I am aware and shouldn't happen. If it is in fact true it is an isue with our database layer.

Could you please point me to the place where we list deleting files as known bug?
Hi
Re: deleting files bug; I misread the post. What it actually complained about was deleting files from the LIBRARY, which is of course different, although still a pain in the ass, if true. Here is the link: https://github.com/nightingale-media-pla...issues/272.

As I suspected, the "snapping back" of the playlist is a feature of Songbird/Nightingale, rather than a bug per se. I just happen to HATE that particular feature. Thanks for explaining that the snapping back is code from mediaflow. I would be most grateful is that were changed, but if not, how would I go about changing the code myself so that playlist does NOT snap back?

Thanks.

oldpompous

(03-22-2014, 12:11 AM)oldpompous Wrote: [ -> ]Hi
Re: deleting files bug; I misread the post. What it actually complained about was deleting files from the LIBRARY, which is of course different, although still a pain in the ass, if true. Here is the link: https://github.com/nightingale-media-pla...issues/272.

As I suspected, the "snapping back" of the playlist is a feature of Songbird/Nightingale, rather than a bug per se. I just happen to HATE that particular feature. Thanks for explaining that the snapping back is code from mediaflow. I would be most grateful is that were changed, but if not, how would I go about changing the code myself so that playlist does NOT snap back?

Thanks.

oldpompous

Hi, again.

Now I feel like a real idiot. Apparently, Whirlybird has a fullscreen feature. You hit the F11 key and you get a fullscreen of the album art, which is what I was trying to accomplish in my clumsy way.

So, never mind. Tongue

I'll slink off now.
Grat that you found the optimal solution. Maybe not the best UX to hide a fullscreen option in the contextmenu and F11... But I'm not the dev of the extension, so who am I to judge.
And should you come accross any bugs, please file them as issues. You seem to already know github, so you probably will.
(Or even better, submit pull requests with a fix!)