MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Nightingale Forums - Fairly strange issue (segfaults) [Xubuntu 13.10 x64]

Nightingale Forums

Full Version: Fairly strange issue (segfaults) [Xubuntu 13.10 x64]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, I'm listening to Nightingale now, but only after starting it in the terminal a dozen times. I'm not sure why, but if I start it several times over it eventually just runs. Otherwise it segfaults and crashes. Included is a log of a few of the attempt leading up to the player working.
Code:
xakh@Hektor:~$ nightingale

(process:6937): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_slice_set_config: assertion 'sys_page_size == 0' failed

(nightingale-bin:6937): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Attempt to add property GnomeProgram::sm-connect after class was initialised

(nightingale-bin:6937): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Attempt to add property GnomeProgram::show-crash-dialog after class was initialised

(nightingale-bin:6937): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Attempt to add property GnomeProgram::display after class was initialised

(nightingale-bin:6937): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Attempt to add property GnomeProgram::default-icon after class was initialised
ERROR! Could not call boundObserver.observe(). Key = metadata.title
[Exception... "'[JavaScript Error: "mlyrics.pane.gMM.playbackControl is null" {file: "chrome://mlyrics/content/jscripts/paneWindow.js" line: 667}]' when calling method: [sbIRemoteObserver::observe]"  nsresult: "0x80570021 (NS_ERROR_XPC_JAVASCRIPT_ERROR_WITH_DETAILS)"  location: "JS frame :: file:///usr/share/nightingale/components/sbDataRemote.js :: anonymous :: line 369"  data: yes]
Segmentation fault

(process:7240): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_slice_set_config: assertion 'sys_page_size == 0' failed

(nightingale-bin:7240): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Attempt to add property GnomeProgram::sm-connect after class was initialised

(nightingale-bin:7240): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Attempt to add property GnomeProgram::show-crash-dialog after class was initialised

(nightingale-bin:7240): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Attempt to add property GnomeProgram::display after class was initialised

(nightingale-bin:7240): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Attempt to add property GnomeProgram::default-icon after class was initialised
[Exception... "'[JavaScript Error: "mlyrics.pane.gMM.playbackControl is null" {file: "chrome://mlyrics/content/jscripts/paneWindow.js" line: 667}]' when calling method: [sbIRemoteObserver::observe]"  nsresult: "0x80570021 (NS_ERROR_XPC_JAVASCRIPT_ERROR_WITH_DETAILS)"  location: "JS frame :: file:///usr/share/nightingale/components/sbDataRemote.js :: anonymous :: line 369"  data: yes]
Segmentation fault

(process:7285): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_slice_set_config: assertion 'sys_page_size == 0' failed

(nightingale-bin:7285): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Attempt to add property GnomeProgram::sm-connect after class was initialised

(nightingale-bin:7285): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Attempt to add property GnomeProgram::show-crash-dialog after class was initialised

(nightingale-bin:7285): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Attempt to add property GnomeProgram::display after class was initialised

(nightingale-bin:7285): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Attempt to add property GnomeProgram::default-icon after class was initialised
Segmentation fault

(process:7325): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_slice_set_config: assertion 'sys_page_size == 0' failed

(nightingale-bin:7325): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Attempt to add property GnomeProgram::sm-connect after class was initialised

(nightingale-bin:7325): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Attempt to add property GnomeProgram::show-crash-dialog after class was initialised

(nightingale-bin:7325): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Attempt to add property GnomeProgram::display after class was initialised

(nightingale-bin:7325): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Attempt to add property GnomeProgram::default-icon after class was initialised
^[[A

As you can see, it's fairly strange. I have no idea what's causing it, because I'm fairly new to debugging this sort of thing. I've been using Linux for forever, but usually I'm just in driver hell, now it's a userland program, and I have no idea what to do.
Could you try a build without unity integration, for example the nightingale-nounity package?
(03-20-2014, 09:22 PM)freaktechnik Wrote: [ -> ]Could you try a build without unity integration, for example the nightingale-nounity package?

I actually already have, and am currently using that. There seems to be no difference.
Could you try with a recent nightly build and post the log here? If that still doesn't Help I can build you a debug build with extended logging output (and debug symbols etc.). Alternatively to getting the build from sourceforge, you can also use the build from ppa:nightingaleteam/nightingale-nightly. There is also a debug package with just the debugging symbols for ngale, but I doubt that they'd be helpful in this case.
Code:

(process:6495): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_slice_set_config: assertion 'sys_page_size == 0' failed

(nightingale-bin:6495): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Attempt to add property GnomeProgram::sm-connect after class was initialised

(nightingale-bin:6495): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Attempt to add property GnomeProgram::show-crash-dialog after class was initialised

(nightingale-bin:6495): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Attempt to add property GnomeProgram::display after class was initialised

(nightingale-bin:6495): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Attempt to add property GnomeProgram::default-icon after class was initialised

(nightingale-bin:6495): Gdk-WARNING **: gdk_window_set_icon_list: icons too large

(nightingale-bin:6495): Gdk-WARNING **: gdk_window_set_icon_list: icons too large

[Exception... "'[JavaScript Error: "mlyrics.pane.gMM.playbackControl is null" {file: "chrome://mlyrics/content/jscripts/paneWindow.js" line: 667}]' when calling method: [sbIRemoteObserver::observe]"  nsresult: "0x80570021 (NS_ERROR_XPC_JAVASCRIPT_ERROR_WITH_DETAILS)"  location: "JS frame :: file:///usr/lib/nightingale/components/sbDataRemote.js :: anonymous :: line 369"  data: yes]
-----------MPRIS: DEBUG MODE------------
Initializing DBus
Requesting Name on DBus
Flushing
End Init()
MPRIS: DEBUG MODE Unset
Segmentation fault

(process:6546): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_slice_set_config: assertion 'sys_page_size == 0' failed

(nightingale-bin:6546): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Attempt to add property GnomeProgram::sm-connect after class was initialised

(nightingale-bin:6546): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Attempt to add property GnomeProgram::show-crash-dialog after class was initialised

(nightingale-bin:6546): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Attempt to add property GnomeProgram::display after class was initialised

(nightingale-bin:6546): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Attempt to add property GnomeProgram::default-icon after class was initialised

(nightingale-bin:6546): Gdk-WARNING **: gdk_window_set_icon_list: icons too large

(nightingale-bin:6546): Gdk-WARNING **: gdk_window_set_icon_list: icons too large

[Exception... "'[JavaScript Error: "mlyrics.pane.gMM.playbackControl is null" {file: "chrome://mlyrics/content/jscripts/paneWindow.js" line: 667}]' when calling method: [sbIRemoteObserver::observe]"  nsresult: "0x80570021 (NS_ERROR_XPC_JAVASCRIPT_ERROR_WITH_DETAILS)"  location: "JS frame :: file:///usr/lib/nightingale/components/sbDataRemote.js :: anonymous :: line 369"  data: yes]
-----------MPRIS: DEBUG MODE------------
Initializing DBus
Requesting Name on DBus
Flushing
End Init()
MPRIS: DEBUG MODE Unset

Still segfaulted then started on another attempt. I installed debug mode, though, as you said, I don't expect much to come from it.
You still have the unity integration in the log, so I assume that's still the version from our normal ppa. Did it say 1.12.2a in the about dialog?
(03-21-2014, 05:03 PM)freaktechnik Wrote: [ -> ]You still have the unity integration in the log, so I assume that's still the version from our normal ppa. Did it say 1.12.2a in the about dialog?

I just now figured it out. No, I am running the nightly now, however I'd installed the unity version as a standalone plugin once before while trying to get it to work. I just disabled it a bit ago, and it starts fine. I feel silly. I don't even use Unity, but it seemed that it was also for just basic DE integration, which would put the songbid icon on my volume menu, so I could do playback options on the fly, but something else provides that, so I had no reason to have it now. Thanks for your time!