MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Nightingale Forums - Developer Meetings

Nightingale Forums

Full Version: Developer Meetings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello
It seems about time we get some sort of regular development meetings going. Now, when I say develper meetings, those would of course be open to everybody, but be more on the developer level in terms of it's content.

The actual content would be roughly predefined. Normally the contents would be planned at least a week before via the wiki. Possible topics are progress updates and just general development related topics. We'll have to see what we should discuss as it evolves.

One of the first topics we'd have would be "What is a release", or "When do we release".

Meetings are held on our irc channel #nightingale on irc.mozilla.org.
The regularity and the day has to be defined.
I suggest a monthly schedule, best on saturday. Time is to be defined, but as it's saturday it could be quite late european time IMHO.

So the next steps are defining the time and regularity and then the date of the first meeting.
So what about video meetings ?
(03-18-2014, 09:21 PM)GeekShadow Wrote: [ -> ]So what about video meetings ?
I don't think that makes sense for a development related meeting. Seeing eachother doesn't help the cause.
Textchat should be sufficient to keep an organized development related discussion.
If you did end up wanting a video meeting, Google Hangouts does support having a lot of people.
I agree with freaktechnik on the text chat is sufficient thing.

(03-19-2014, 07:20 AM)johnmurrayvi Wrote: [ -> ]If you did end up wanting a video meeting, Google Hangouts does support having a lot of people.

But it is google. *sigh* Tongue
So I'd suggest meetings on Saturday at about 21:00 GMT. Even if you live on the pacific coast of america (UTC-8, you tell me how realistic that is), you SHOULD be awake by then, as that should be 13 o'clock (in the morning Wink). If you happen to live in Europe that will be 22:00 in the evening, which should be pretty manageable too. If you happen to be from austalia, it's 7 in the morning, which, okay is a bit early, but it's already sunday.

I'd love to hear what you think about that time, we could move it an hour forwards or back, but I guess that's more or less the timeframe we're bound to.
I suggest the concerning saturday/sunday being the first one in the month, so we'd have the first meeting (if possible) on the 5th/6th of April.
(03-26-2014, 06:22 AM)freaktechnik Wrote: [ -> ]So I'd suggest meetings on Saturday at about 21:00 GMT. Even if you live on the pacific coast of america (UTC-8, you tell me how realistic that is), you SHOULD be awake by then, as that should be 13 o'clock (in the morning Wink). If you happen to live in Europe that will be 22:00 in the evening, which should be pretty manageable too. If you happen to be from austalia, it's 7 in the morning, which, okay is a bit early, but it's already sunday.

I'd love to hear what you think about that time, we could move it an hour forwards or back, but I guess that's more or less the timeframe we're bound to.
I suggest the concerning saturday/sunday being the first one in the month, so we'd have the first meeting (if possible) on the 5th/6th of April.

I won't be available for the first meeting (damn!) due to me being away on the 5th of April, however I agree on the Saturday evening (UTC). However 21:00 in UTC seems to be 23:00 in Europe on that date, because of daylight saving time... I don't think it is too late, though.

As GMT is not properly defined (as some people think of it with daylight saving time, some without, and that causes confusion), I'd go for UTC. For the lazy folks like me: Here is the time in whatever timezone you want. If we choose that date, I'd suggest shortening it and putting it onto the IRC title.
(03-20-2014, 02:23 AM)rsjtdrjgfuzkfg Wrote: [ -> ]But it is google. *sigh* Tongue

That's true Sad

(03-26-2014, 06:22 AM)freaktechnik Wrote: [ -> ]I'd love to hear what you think about that time, we could move it an hour forwards or back, but I guess that's more or less the timeframe we're bound to.

Time works for me.

(03-27-2014, 04:18 AM)rsjtdrjgfuzkfg Wrote: [ -> ]For the lazy folks like me: Here is the time in whatever timezone you want.
Hah thank you for that, needed to double check to make sure I had it right... I hate DST.