Nightingale Forums

Full Version: "not" not working.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So... a common thing for me to do is create a "not christmas" playlist as my library is fairly mixed up. I tried two different ways of doing this:

The first was to create an "AND" list with 4 members (keywords, album, file location and genre all "not contains" "christmas). This produced no results.

I changed that list to "contains" and "OR" and I changed the name to "christmas". That works.

So my 2nd try was to create a one element smart playlist where "playlist" "is not" "Christmas". That produces no results, too. Sigh.
I think smart playlists can not filter based on other smart playlists. Further as a smart playlist is by default empty, you need at least one positive selector selecting every song in order to then remove the ones containing christmas with AND.
(02-12-2014, 10:04 PM)freaktechnik Wrote: [ -> ]I think smart playlists can not filter based on other smart playlists. Further as a smart playlist is by default empty, you need at least one positive selector selecting every song in order to then remove the ones containing christmas with AND.

Doesn't seem to jive. As an example now, my first rule is: "media type" "is" "music" ... which, by itself, returns what appears to be the whole collection. Then I had "Playlist" "is not" "christmas" ... and I'm back to no results.

More specifically, "file location" "does not contain" "christmas" is completely broken.
Even more glaring brokeness for "file location"... creating a one element "file location" filter "containing" "christmas" ... I get the whole shortbus OST ... whose path is: y:\audio\shortbus OST\xx.trackname

... none of which includes the word christmas. Now... I can't figure out exactly what it's matching --- it appears to be somewhat random. It doesn't match everything, and it does match at least some path names with "christmas" in them, but the above I can't explain.
I briefly looked at the code and can't tell why that would happen. I've opened Issue #263. Thanks for reporting!
(02-13-2014, 04:25 AM)freaktechnik Wrote: [ -> ]I briefly looked at the code and can't tell why that would happen. I've opened Issue #263. Thanks for reporting!

thanks for that.
I would guess this is connectected with this issue.

At least for me, "File-location" in smart playlists (especially in connection with "not") is not working at all.