MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Nightingale Forums - Retina display problems

Nightingale Forums

Full Version: Retina display problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone!

First of all, I have to say: Great player! For sure the best out there for the Mac -- I l love especially the folder browser addon & the possibility to cosumize the player!

Anyways, there is one issues I got running Nightingale on OS X 10.9.1:
It looks pretty ugly on a retina display....is there a HD skin or something I can use?

Thanks!
Can you send us a screenshot ?
We don't currently have HD/support retina as this is only supported in newer XULRunner and we still use an old one Sad
(01-24-2014, 10:52 PM)GeekShadow Wrote: [ -> ]Can you send us a screenshot ?
We don't currently have HD/support retina as this is only supported in newer XULRunner and we still use an old one Sad
Thanks for the quick response!

With a tool called "retinizer" I could fix the font, so now just the icons/images look blurry. I attached a screen.
(01-24-2014, 11:52 PM)mgf Wrote: [ -> ]With a tool called "retinizer" I could fix the font, so now just the icons/images look blurry. I attached a screen.

I have no idea of retina, but I thought about a vector-based feather for a while. However, I doubt that the old XULrunner will properly expose that additional information until we update it.

Is is possible to enforce an app to run in native scale? If so, a retina theme would be theoretically possible (and be quite easy to do when having a vector-based feather, which we currently don't).
(01-26-2014, 12:11 AM)rsjtdrjgfuzkfg Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-24-2014, 11:52 PM)mgf Wrote: [ -> ]With a tool called "retinizer" I could fix the font, so now just the icons/images look blurry. I attached a screen.

I have no idea of retina, but I thought about a vector-based feather for a while. However, I doubt that the old XULrunner will properly expose that additional information until we update it.

Is is possible to enforce an app to run in native scale? If so, a retina theme would be theoretically possible (and be quite easy to do when having a vector-based feather, which we currently don't).

Well, it'd be a lot easier to make the most parts of the feathers in CSS (which is nearly possible, except for multiple borders). Having the button's icons as svg might not work so great yet, as our XULRunner is probably lacking in some SVG effects.

This should solve pretty much every high DPI scenario.
I also wouldn't expect our XULRunner to actually render SVGs at the correct resolution, since text is rendered using native drawing methods.