Nightingale Forums

Full Version: Raspberry Pi Port
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I haven't seen this discussed before. I would like to run Nightingale on the Raspberry Pi. Are there any builds available? If not, are there any issues one might encounter when building it for the Pi?
I think Nightingle should run just fine under raspbian, if the gestreamer packages are installed.
(12-10-2013, 01:51 AM)freaktechnik Wrote: [ -> ]I think Nightingle should run just fine under raspbian, if the gestreamer packages are installed.

That's great. Do you think the community would consider building a package for the rPi?
Well, that's up to the community. There are .deb packages flying around, most of them should also work on a pi. There could be issues, because we use prebuilt deps (and have fun building them on a pi...).
(12-10-2013, 02:23 AM)freaktechnik Wrote: [ -> ]Well, that's up to the community. There are .deb packages flying around, most of them should also work on a pi. There could be issues, because we use prebuilt deps (and have fun building them on a pi...).

But I guess the deb files going around are compiled for x86/x86-64 rather than ARMv6, right?
Oh, yeah, you're correct. I guess it'd take you some time to get the deps blob, I am not qualified to describe how it works, but just considering building XULRunner is already slow on normal machines, I wouldn't want to build it on a RasPi...
(12-10-2013, 02:47 AM)freaktechnik Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, yeah, you're correct. I guess it'd take you some time to get the deps blob, I am not qualified to describe how it works, but just considering building XULRunner is already slow on normal machines, I wouldn't want to build it on a RasPi...

Xbian (the Raspberry Pi build of Debian 7) has a xulrunner-17.0 package so it might be okay. Are there other significant dependencies?
Well, the problem is, that we a) use -xulr 1.9.x and b) our depencies need to be prebuilt for our own system, with the exception of gstreamer, and taglib, but the one of debian might cause problems.
There are two kinds of deps: the ones we use as they are supposed to be, which is only gstreamer on debian, and prebuilt ones, which are mainly xulrunner, taglib and sqlite. Those need to be prebuilt to a depencies blob.
These are our builddeps (stuff needed while building) in the debian package building process, but that should be handled by the buildthingie for dpkg:
autoconf,
autotools-dev,
debhelper (>= 9),
libasound2,
libdbus-glib-1-dev,
libgnomevfs2-dev,
libgstreamer-plugins-base0.10-dev,
libgtk2.0-dev,
libidl0,
libsqlite0-dev,
libtag1-dev,
libnotify-dev,