Nightingale Forums

Full Version: Flac Artwork Not Recognised
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hi,

I have recently added some of my Flac music files in Nightingale. However, all of the artworks can't be recognised by the software. The artworks are embedded in the files.

Is there a way to correct this?

Many thanks.
You can try to build the taglib-testing branch, flac albumarts could work there (reading, writing is not supported). As there have not been enough people testing the change it was not merged to the main branch yet (you can see the commits pending here).

Build instructions are available in the wiki. Which OS are you on?
(09-09-2013, 09:09 AM)rsjtdrjgfuzkfg Wrote: [ -> ]You can try to build the taglib-testing branch, flac albumarts could work there (reading, writing is not supported). As there have not been enough people testing the change it was not merged to the main branch yet (you can see the commits pending here).

Build instructions are available in the wiki. Which OS are you on?

Hi, I am using Windows 7
(09-09-2013, 05:28 PM)boyvn91 Wrote: [ -> ]I am using Windows 7

As Windows is terrible to build for end-users, I'll put up a testing build for you. It will appear on the testing builds page, but building and uploading takes a while, I'll link it here once it is up.

Edit: download the build here, note that it is untested
(09-10-2013, 12:33 AM)rsjtdrjgfuzkfg Wrote: [ -> ]

As Windows is terrible to build for end-users, I'll put up a testing build for you. It will appear on the testing builds page, but building and uploading takes a while, I'll link it here once it is up.

Thanks so much for your help Smile
(09-10-2013, 12:33 AM)rsjtdrjgfuzkfg Wrote: [ -> ]

Hi rsjtdrjgfuzkfg,

I installed this build on my Windows 7 machine and it loaded my mp3 and flac artwork embedded in the metadata perfectly fine. Thanks! I'll continue using this build and report back if I notice any new issues.
(09-11-2013, 05:56 PM)zjays Wrote: [ -> ]I installed this build on my Windows 7 machine and it loaded my mp3 and flac artwork embedded in the metadata perfectly fine. Thanks! I'll continue using this build and report back if I notice any new issues.

Great! Still need some linux builds of that, to ensure we don't break there...
I have the same problem - artwork in FLAC not displaying, but if there is a separate .jpg file in the directory it does display. I'm using MAC and the latest build: Version: Nightingale 1.12.1, Build 2453 (20130809011932)
(09-28-2013, 04:55 AM)MediumRare Wrote: [ -> ]I'm using MAC and the latest build: Version: Nightingale 1.12.1, Build 2453 (20130809011932)

As I wrote before, the regular release builds do not have any support for flac covers. You'll need to build the taglib branch - or hope that somebody with a mac build environment does that for you Wink

Building on Mac: http://wiki.getnightingale.com/doku.php?id=build:mac
To get the correct branch, use the following to check out the code:
Code:
git checkout taglib-testing
Would someone be willing to bulid the mac version with the taglib test branch in it? I would but getting a mac with 10.5 and xcode 3 is proving to be difficult. If somone will build it I will test it.

Is this version capable of editing meta data in mp3, mp4 and flac? - Other than the artwork which I understand is not there yet.
Pages: 1 2 3 4