Nightingale Forums

Full Version: Bump all addons to 1.12.*
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think we should bump all addons compatibility to 1.12.* in to order to avoid problems when version 1.12.1 will be released.
We will bump the compatibility of our "own" extensions to 1.*, since we will probably mess up the API with 2.0 but not with a 1. series version.
(08-08-2013, 03:36 AM)freaktechnik Wrote: [ -> ]We will bump the compatibility of our "own" extensions to 1.*, since we will probably mess up the API with 2.0 but not with a 1. series version.

I think good idea is to turn off compatibility checking for extensions installed from addons.nightingale.com.
No compatibility check is not a good idea. Even iif most extensions would be compatible.
We will probably have the default to compatible with restartless add-ons with the new gecko.
All extensions at addons.getnightingale.com are compatible with 1.12.1. But compatibility of many of them is not bumped to 1.12.*. Do you think average user would extract extension in order to change maxVersion parameter in install.rdf?
As mentioned earlier, we will set the max version to 1.*, just give it some time, we can't do everything at once. You are welcome to help, of course!
(08-09-2013, 07:45 AM)freaktechnik Wrote: [ -> ]As mentioned earlier, we will set the max version to 1.*, just give it some time, we can't do everything at once. You are welcome to help, of course!

All addons that I had ported are compatible up to 2.0.* version Smile

But what do you mean saying "our own addons"?
Mashtape, last.fm, soundcloud, shoutcast.

And what about others?
(08-10-2013, 07:33 AM)dyedfox Wrote: [ -> ]And what about others?
That can be done by anyone and mostly was. If we personally use an add-on that hasn't been bumped on the wiki yet, I am sure most will upload the bumped version.