Nightingale Forums

Full Version: Sync playlists + folder structure
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I see in foldersync that I can synchronize specific playlists, and even move that playlist into the target folder. My question is this: I have two machines running nightingale, and I want to keep my libraries synched, including the playlists, smart playlists and playlist folders. Is there a way to do this?

I understand Nightingale stores this information in a database, but I don't know the location of the db on my computer. Thanks.
(01-17-2013, 04:30 AM)3×5 Wrote: [ -> ]I see in foldersync that I can synchronize specific playlists, and even move that playlist into the target folder. My question is this: I have two machines running nightingale, and I want to keep my libraries synched, including the playlists, smart playlists and playlist folders. Is there a way to do this?

I understand Nightingale stores this information in a database, but I don't know the location of the db on my computer. Thanks.

With the current code it is not possible to sync the library itself. You can sync a playlist's content, but you cannot sync the rules they're made of (for smart playlists). The synchronization feature was build for the requirement of a subordinate device to sync to (mp3-players, mobile phones, etc.).

If you use the same os on both computers, you could try to sync the profile folder with a third-party sync mechanism (via mounting network attatched storage or special software). Important: the file paths must be identical on both computers. Example: NAS mounted on windows drive x: on both devices, all music stored on x:.
However, you cannot/should not (depending on the sync mechanism used) run both instances of Nightingale at a time using this method.

To move the profile folder, first start NG with the -p parameter. Then create a new profile at the desired location. Close NG, and go to %appdata%/Nightingale (Windows) or ~/.Nightingale (Linux), look at the profiles folder, copy the yyyyyyyy.default folder into the newly created profile folder and overwrite all files.
Nevermind, I just figured out how to manage profiles. I just copied my profile to removable media and now I can use that profile anywhere. Good stuff?
(01-17-2013, 04:57 AM)3×5 Wrote: [ -> ]Nevermind, I just figured out how to manage profiles. I just copied my profile to removable media and now I can use that profile anywhere. Good stuff?

As I stated above, ensure the paths to the media files are equal.
Thanks for your help.