MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Nightingale Forums - Compilation problems

Nightingale Forums

Full Version: Compilation problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey,

After some update (and unfortunately, I don't know which one), Nightingale is back to the problem of http://forum.getnightingale.com/thread-491.html, just without the warning messages, just with the error:

Code:
(nightingale-bin:2988): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_object_ref: assertion `object != NULL' failed

(nightingale-bin:2988): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_object_sink: assertion `GST_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed

(nightingale-bin:2988): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_object_ref: assertion `object != NULL' failed

(nightingale-bin:2988): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_set: assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed

The other difference being, that I'm now running precise pangolin (Kubuntu 12.04).

So I decided I'd compile nightingale myself, because apparently it's fixed in the git repository. I cloned it, I installed some missing dependencies (gtk2-dev was missing), did some stuff I'm not sure how clean it is (did install taglib from quantal, because the version from precise is 1.7 and apparently 1.8 is required).

So now I get the following error, and I'm stuck, and I don't find a solution anywhere else really.

The error message i get from build.sh:

Code:
MetadataHandlerTaglib.o: In function `sbMetadataHandlerTaglib::ReadFile(TagLib::File*, char const*)':
/code/nightingale-hacking/components/mediacore/metadata/handler/taglib/src/MetadataHandlerTaglib.cpp:2384: undefined reference to `typeinfo for TagLib::TagUnion'
/code/nightingale-hacking/components/mediacore/metadata/handler/taglib/src/MetadataHandlerTaglib.cpp:2386: undefined reference to `TagLib::TagUnion::tag(int) const'
/code/nightingale-hacking/components/mediacore/metadata/handler/taglib/src/MetadataHandlerTaglib.cpp:2387: undefined reference to `TagLib::TagUnion::tag(int) const'
/code/nightingale-hacking/components/mediacore/metadata/handler/taglib/src/MetadataHandlerTaglib.cpp:2387: undefined reference to `TagLib::TagUnion::tag(int) const'
MetadataHandlerTaglib.o:/home/veit/code/nightingale-hacking/components/mediacore/metadata/handler/taglib/src/MetadataHandlerTaglib.cpp:2387: more undefined references to `TagLib::TagUnion::tag(int) const' follow
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[8]: *** [sbMetadataHandlerTaglib.so] Error 1
make[8]: Leaving directory `/code/nightingale-hacking/compiled/components/mediacore/metadata/handler/taglib/src'
make[7]: *** [libs] Error 2
make[7]: Leaving directory `/code/nightingale-hacking/compiled/components/mediacore/metadata/handler/taglib'
make[6]: *** [libs] Error 2
make[6]: Leaving directory `/code/nightingale-hacking/compiled/components/mediacore/metadata/handler'
make[5]: *** [libs] Error 2
make[5]: Leaving directory `/code/nightingale-hacking/compiled/components/mediacore/metadata'
make[4]: *** [libs] Error 2
make[4]: Leaving directory `/code/nightingale-hacking/compiled/components/mediacore'
make[3]: *** [libs_tier_componentsbase] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory `/code/nightingale-hacking/compiled'
make[2]: *** [tier_componentsbase] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/code/nightingale-hacking/compiled'
make[1]: *** [default] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/code/nightingale-hacking/compiled'
make: *** [build] Error 2
I hope you can help me. I'm in big time trouble because of this, if I don't have this fixed until tonight.
(12-26-2012, 08:33 PM)luh Wrote: [ -> ]The error message i get from build.sh:

Code:
MetadataHandlerTaglib.o: In function `sbMetadataHandlerTaglib::ReadFile(TagLib::File*, char const*)':
/code/nightingale-hacking/components/mediacore/metadata/handler/taglib/src/MetadataHandlerTaglib.cpp:2384: undefined reference to `typeinfo for TagLib::TagUnion'

Sounds a bit like you don't have taglib 1.8... Not sure about the whole linux build process (e.g. where to put it), maybe ilikenwf can state on that. You can try upgrading the taglib you currently have installed (system taglib), or search through the dependencies folder after trying to build if you find a place to put it there.
(12-27-2012, 12:05 AM)rsjtdrjgfuzkfg Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-26-2012, 08:33 PM)luh Wrote: [ -> ]The error message i get from build.sh:

Code:

Sounds a bit like you don't have taglib 1.8... Not sure about the whole linux build process (e.g. where to put it), maybe ilikenwf can state on that. You can try upgrading the taglib you currently have installed (system taglib), or search through the dependencies folder after trying to build if you find a place to put it there.

Maybe there is a specific package missing? I did install taglib and I did install version 1.8, else it doesn't even start compiling. Smile
(12-27-2012, 12:16 AM)luh Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe there is a specific package missing? I did install taglib and I did install version 1.8, else it doesn't even start compiling. Smile

I don't know the linux build process exactly, there should be a way to feed it with the taglib data it is missing... Maybe one of the linux guys can help.
That would be very much appreciated!
Since the linux guys don't seem to have an idea either:

There should be lib paths in your build env. Are they set correctly (e.g. can you find taglib libs within this path)? Can you find the taglib libs somewhere else? Also, could you pastebin the full output of the build system (please select at least a month on the bottom radio boxes)?
I had this issue, you have to download TagLib 1.8, compile it and install (the INSTALL file is quite clear). Weird that it doesn't work with the TagLib from the system :/

@ilikenwf any idea ?
Without more output I'm not sure...

The taglib in Ubuntu may not include what's needed, or may not be compiled with vanilla-enough tags, or it could be a late version of 1.7 labelled as 1.8 or something.
(12-29-2012, 04:42 PM)ilikenwf Wrote: [ -> ]Without more output I'm not sure...

The taglib in Ubuntu may not include what's needed, or may not be compiled with vanilla-enough tags, or it could be a late version of 1.7 labelled as 1.8 or something.

I tried compiling Nightingale in both Debian and Ubuntu and neither system taglib version worked. Maybe it's an issue specific to Debian-based distros. I would assume that things are not "vanilla" enough because I looked through the errors I was given and as far as I can tell no dev files were missing from the system taglib.
What the heck?!?!?

I guess I could look and add a flag to use a taglib we provide in the deps, I suppose.