MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Nightingale Forums - Nightingale and Conky

Nightingale Forums

Full Version: Nightingale and Conky
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Chaos everyone.
I work about get nighingale information in conky like playing song, artist... and other information like "spectrum" (frequences use in the song).
I would like know if there is a way to get it. If not how can I create it?

Thanks for answers,
Eraindil.

PS: sorry if I post in the wrong place.
(07-13-2012, 10:10 AM)Eraindil Wrote: [ -> ]I work about get nighingale information in conky like playing song, artist... and other information like "spectrum" (frequences use in the song).
I would like know if there is a way to get it. If not how can I create it?
The currently playing information is not difficult to read as an add-on, however there is no conky-add-on available nor there is a core feature for that. I'd suggest you try to build an add-on, if you need help on the nightingale side, just ask here or in irc. For example code on how to read the currently playing song's metadata, you can have a look at DetailsPane, the add-on displays that data within Nightingale.
Frequences, Waveform, etc. is NOT accessible to add-ons and only handled within gstreamer currently. That's the main reason for no visualizations being available Wink

For the conky-side I have no idea. From a brief look at their documentation page I wasn't able to get information about how to add stuff to it; sounds like there is only a lua api?! If so, you'd need to investigate how to work with lua (I don't have a clue about lua except that it is a scripting language Tongue ), and once you found a way to directly alter the display, you need to somehow integrate that into the extension; this relys on what ways you can use to add data to conky. Again, if you have additonal questions and/or need help on something specific (especially the extension/Nightingale part) feel free to ask!

(07-13-2012, 10:10 AM)Eraindil Wrote: [ -> ]PS: sorry if I post in the wrong place.
If that is ok for you, I'd move it to add-on suggestions?

I'm looking forward to a new notifier add-on Smile
Yeah you can move it I will work on that when I can. It's so exiting :p
(07-14-2012, 04:09 AM)Eraindil Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah you can move it I will work on that when I can.

[moved] to Add-on Suggestions. I'm looking forward to it Wink
Chaos, I think about something:
there is two way to get song information I think.
First we can just use the same method that the song notifier but send informations to conky (with a lua or python script maybe) or we can use dbus.