MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Nightingale Forums - Port to Gtk3+

Nightingale Forums

Full Version: Port to Gtk3+
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi !

I know it's not a priority but Mozilla seems not be in a hurry to port firefox and others to Gtk3. Do you have plan to port ng to Gtk3 ?

@+
Posophe
(06-20-2012, 06:00 AM)posophe Wrote: [ -> ]Hi !

I know it's not a priority but Mozilla seems not be in a hurry to port firefox and others to Gtk3. Do you have plan to port ng to Gtk3 ?

@+
Posophe

Why should it be ported?
Our main goal is to port Nightingale to Gecko 6+. Porting to Gtk+ 3.0 has not been discussed.
But Xulrunner isn't really GTK anyway. It uses some Gtk drawing primitives, but it is not a native Gtk+ app.
Thanks for your answer. Timmythepirate : Most of apps writing in Gtk are port on gtk3 and in opensuse the most little app who's in gtk2 need a montain of dependencies. It's just this i wan't to know

@+
Posophe
It's up to Mozilla to update for GTK3...
FF and thunderbird are compiled against with gtk2.

@+
Posophe
Yep, and since we use the same base as FF/TB (gecko from Mozilla), we have to wait for them to upgrade to GTK3.
Ok thanks for your answer :-). Just a suggest for wiki : please explain compile method for dependencies please

@+
Posophe
(06-23-2012, 03:10 AM)posophe Wrote: [ -> ]Just a suggest for wiki : please explain compile method for dependencies please

Windows: We're not able to build them currently, take the Songbird ones for now.
...really need to invest some times into this, first regarding taglib, then about the other stuff.
Ok thanks for reply. A last question : Why can't we use on linux native sqlite and taglib ? They will be ever needed in the future ?

@+
Posophe
Pages: 1 2 3