MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Nightingale Forums - UI/UX/Metadata Ideas

Nightingale Forums

Full Version: UI/UX/Metadata Ideas
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know we need to figure a way to use the system taglib, or at least fork it and add the patch for albumartist...

I also would like to see a lyrics editor added to the metadata editor...
(05-12-2012, 12:57 PM)ilikenwf Wrote: [ -> ]I know we need to figure a way to use the system taglib, or at least fork it and add the patch for albumartist...

I also would like to see a lyrics editor added to the metadata editor...

I agree on the taglib thing. As this is maybe the issue for the major windows bug, I try to find some time for that issue. I looked into that issue some time ago, from what I saw we first need to get the songbird features in, then get it building into our wrappers (We need dependency building documentation!) on all osses.

I haven't found a way yet to use the official build system with the windows build environment we use for building nightingale. However, using plain visual c++ worked, up to the point where features are missing.

Oh, and with MLyrics we already have lyric support there? I guess it would be a good idea to keep it as firstrun addon, through. But for those who don't use it (although I don't know any) having all the lyric stuff there is maybe a bit bloated?!
I personally don't use MLyrics. But I don't think the current implementation makes it a bloated. I just installed it, but when I don't use it, I just hide the sidebar.
Another thing to consider: I remember that the metadata editor in SB once had tow tabs, one showing the "normal" tags, the other showing a panel where you could edit the lyrics. What about re-enabling this?
(05-13-2012, 06:14 PM)Lukas_Skywalker Wrote: [ -> ]Another thing to consider: I remember that the metadata editor in SB once had tow tabs, one showing the "normal" tags, the other showing a panel where you could edit the lyrics. What about re-enabling this?

... isn't that MLyrics (in old versions or only in Songbird) / LyricMaster?
Agree that this should go into current MLyrics for Nightingale, too.

An for the bloated thing, I only spoke of we should still present it the user as add-on IMHO, even though a pre-checked firstrun one (opt-out), instead of making it uninstallable and thus part of Nightingale itself (for the average user). This is mainly because for me MLyrics UI doesn't seamlessly fit into the overall style of Nightingale's UI imho (the right-click for menu thing, or the right "bar" within Mlyrics which appears when clicking for example). Also, I'm not sure if LookingMan would like that as this would remove his branding.
It second tab in the metadata editor was removed after it became MLyrics after SB1.9 was released I think.