MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Nightingale Forums - Error during compilation on Opensuse build service

Nightingale Forums

Full Version: Error during compilation on Opensuse build service
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi everybody.
First thanks for Nightingale

I compile for opensuse 12.1 only and my spec is based on an old fedora team spec himself. When OBS compile xul i receive this error:

Quote:/usr/bin/python2.7 /home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/nightingale-1.11.0/dependencies/vendor/xulrunner/mozilla/config/buildlist.py ../../dist/bin/chrome.manifest "manifest components/nsDefaultCLH.manifest"
make[7]: Leaving directory `/home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/nightingale-1.11.0/dependencies/vendor/xulrunner/mozilla/compiled/xulrunner-release/toolkit/components'
make[6]: Leaving directory `/home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/nightingale-1.11.0/dependencies/vendor/xulrunner/mozilla/compiled/xulrunner-release/toolkit'
make[5]: *** [libs_tier_platform] Error 2
make[5]: Leaving directory `/home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/nightingale-1.11.0/dependencies/vendor/xulrunner/mozilla/compiled/xulrunner-release'
make[4]: *** [tier_platform] Error 2
make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/nightingale-1.11.0/dependencies/vendor/xulrunner/mozilla/compiled/xulrunner-release'
make[3]: *** [default] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/nightingale-1.11.0/dependencies/vendor/xulrunner/mozilla/compiled/xulrunner-release'
make[2]: *** [realbuild] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/nightingale-1.11.0/dependencies/vendor/xulrunner/mozilla'
make[1]: *** [build] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/nightingale-1.11.0/dependencies/vendor/xulrunner/mozilla'
make: *** [xr-build-release] Error 2

An idea perhaps ?
My spec file
You're trying to build the build deps there. You want to clone our git repo or grab it's tarball and run build.sh in that one...

git://github.com/nightingale-media-player/nightingale-hacking.git
or
https://github.com/nightingale-media-pla...ngale-1.11
Yes that's normal:
first: deps compilation my spec file extract the xul tarball such the script
second: compilation of songbird
I have respected all steps of the script on my spec that's not the problem. And when you build on OBS by convention you don't use script

Thanks for your reply
Posophe

EDIT: for precision i use build release next a special packaging for update facilities
For building the dependencies, you have to have the standard deps for building xulrunner...make sure you have autoconf2.13, especially.

Otherwise, the current version uses xul 1.9.2, which is so old that I had to use a Debian 6 VM to build it - it wouldn't work with my newer libs and compiler under Archlinux.

Nightingale will build fine as long as your xulrunner dependency builds; however you need a more "stable" distro (namely, one that uses older compilers and libs) to build it on at the moment - when we upgrade to Xul6 and beyond, this won't be an issue.

We have other OpenSuse users in the IRC, they may be able to help you more than I can.

I assume you're wanting to package Nightingale for one or more distros? Either way, the xulrunner dependencies are actually bundled with Nightingale when it is built - it doesn't use a system xulrunner yet, and it's therefore not going to work to try and package the dep separate from the player.
Hi,

Can you just be more precise about versions of libs and compilers please ?

Thanks you
I haven't taken the time to determine all of the lib versions I actually use to build that old xulrunner...but I can say you should try compiling with an older gcc - gcc 4.4 or older. That may fix your problem...also note that if you're running a > 2.6 kernel (3.X), you'll need to do something like:

Code:
ln -s $(pwd)/mozilla/security/coreconf/Linux2.6.mk $(pwd)/mozilla/security/coreconf/Linux$(uname -r|sed -e 's/\-.*//'|grep -o "[0-9]\.[0-9]").mk

If you could pastebin more of the output, like the successful compilation going on before the error, as well as the error output, I may be able to help more...
Thanks you ! I was watching on some forums and 1 time/2 they say error depends of gcc version. I will compile the most recent version
Thanks again

Posophe
Well, I don't think the most recent gcc would work - you need one at version 4.3 or 4.4, I think.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes for you!
Unfortunately GCC <= 4.4 is not available on opensuse repos and i can't compile gcc myself because it's create some conflicts :-(

I search a solution
Posophe
Some news: it seems working with gcc 4.5 and nightingale will be soon available for opensuse but only for 11.4.
I've try some options for gcc like f-permissive etc but nothing to do it doesn't work. If somebody has an idea Smile

@+
posophe
Pages: 1 2