MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Nightingale Forums - Add-on development

Nightingale Forums

Full Version: Add-on development
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all,

So I'm a long time Songbird user, like four or five years now, yet am anticipating a switch to Nightingale with the upcoming 1.11 release. Unlike Songbird, the Nightingale team seems to actually have their priorities in order!

Anyway, my main concern is addons, as there are a few I cannot live without. Perhaps the one most useful I think, and one that could perhaps be incorporated into the main build eventually is called "Customize Filter Pane."

Now, this has not been updated in years, however I manually bumped the version in the code, and other than an outdated icon and some gerbish text on the "home" tab (only visible with additional tabs open) it still works great, even in the most recent Songbird 1.10.2. I have attached my working manually bumped version to this post.

Would anyone be interested in porting and updating this addon for Nightingale? I know that for myself, and others, being able to customize the filter panes from the default is rather essential.

Keep up the great work guys!
Moved.

Good news: most likely there will be no issues with a bumped add-on for NG 1.11, so we can come back to this soon.
For 1.8 some changes would be required, although they're quite easy I don't think porting it is a good idea, as we plan to release NG 1.11 very soon.
If you want to try it out for NG 1.11, grab a testing build or build it at your own from sb-trunk-oldxul. To port the addon, just do a version bump setting the application id to nightingale@getnightingale.com - that's it.
(02-27-2012, 04:56 AM)rsjtdrjgfuzkfg Wrote: [ -> ]Moved.

Good news: most likely there will be no issues with a bumped add-on for NG 1.11, so we can come back to this soon.
For 1.8 some changes would be required, although they're quite easy I don't think porting it is a good idea, as we plan to release NG 1.11 very soon.
If you want to try it out for NG 1.11, grab a testing build or build it at your own from sb-trunk-oldxul. To port the addon, just do a version bump setting the application id to nightingale@getnightingale.com - that's it.

Success, it works! Most excellent. If any developers could give some insight into where to look to fix the home tab issue (it reads "chrome://song....278326234" etc instead of "Music" when additional tabs are open) and to put a nicer icon on it I would be ecstatic. I'm assuming it's an easy fix--the addon is working perfectly fine otherwise!
(02-28-2012, 09:12 AM)thevan Wrote: [ -> ]Success, it works! Most excellent. If any developers could give some insight into where to look to fix the home tab issue (it reads "chrome://song....278326234" etc instead of "Music" when additional tabs are open) and to put a nicer icon on it I would be ecstatic. I'm assuming it's an easy fix--the addon is working perfectly fine otherwise!

I can give you a example of a custom tab title from the Synchronization feature, which is a core add-on (add-on bound to NG's core): (source)
Code:
<page [...] title="&foldersync.displayname;" [...]>
  [...]
</page>
So you add a title attribute to the document element page, which should be there already.

The icon is equal to the icon in the service pane by default, and I don't think you should change it.