MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Nightingale Forums - How to Build on Win32

Nightingale Forums

Full Version: How to Build on Win32
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Guys,

I´m working in visualization aproach, but as first step i want to build nigthingale and dependencies on Win32 platform. I was reading something in songbird wiki but dosen´t work for me. Please, some one can explain me how to do it step by step.

Thanks in advanced
For the dependencies, you're best off using the ones we've built, as the deps can be cumbersome to build - their build system is still a little busted here and there.

That said, if you PM him here or hop onto IRC, our windows builder is rsjtdrjgfuzkfg (yes, that's his username)...

So either PM him and tell him to look at this thread, or talk to him (he's on now) in the IRC channel (#nightingale on moznet irc).
Could you describe what you did and where you stuck?

short checklist:
1. You have a current Mozilla Build set up and use its console for building
2. You have downloaded the dependencies and added them (see sourceforge), build.sh will do that automatically (not updated for 1.11 yet)
3. You have the Songbird dependencies installed (Windows SDK and
Windows Driver Kit)
4. You build by "cd /c/Nightingale/" (or another path), followed by "build.sh". You do not access makefiles directly as in Songbird
5. You use the correct source (we're NOT using master, use nightingale-1.8 (Nightingale 1.8, current release) or sb-trunk-oldxul (Nightingale 1.11, we're currently working there))