MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Nightingale Forums - Got SB Trunk Based Build to Build Fully...

Nightingale Forums

Full Version: Got SB Trunk Based Build to Build Fully...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I can even start up the Profile Manger...but that's about it...it otherwise doesn't run, it just starts and then dies with the standard gtk error messages...

I built an x86_64 xulrunner 1.9 on a Debian VM, and then used the x86_64 taglib and sqlite from the ngale sourceforge svn repo.

Here's a tar.lzma of the deps:
http://www.mediafire.com/?483g7bepdhb073g

And the branch in the git is sb-trunk-xul-1:
https://github.com/nightingale-media-pla...runk-xul-1

or via git:

https://github.com/nightingale-media-pla...runk-xul-1

*NOTE* You should backup your ~/.nightingale2 directory before running this, as it for some reason uses that same directory for it's profile files!
same error for me, when I tried building about two weeks ago.
It's annoying as I'll get at...
It works now!

build.sh will make it...it's the sb-trunk-oldxul branch..we've yet to rebrand it yet, though, so we can't distribute the binaries yet.
Here's a screenshot:
http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/7484/...0x1080.png

We need our dev team back! The skinners, bug fixers, etc!
I got it to build in open suse, but I couldn't get it to build in LM 12 32-bit, even after trying several times. It got stuck on the gstreamer lib configuration. I don't know what the problem is; it doesn't give a clear reason for why it stopped. I'd look further into it, but school is keeping me busy.
Compiles and seems to work fine on Debian 6.0.3 64bit.
I was having issues at first building sb-trunk, also getting errors regarding the gstreamer libs, however the build.sh script was the problem. It creates songbird.config instead of nightingale.config. Tested it with a clean copy of the branch with just the one change in build.sh and it builds successfully (at least on Ubuntu 11.10 x86_64). This was addressed in the 1.8 branch but is still broken in sb-trunk-oldxul.

Simple fix, but can send a pull-request or if someone else could put it in their next push:
Line 60 is
Code:
59         fi
60         echo 'ac_add_options --with-media-core=gstreamer-system' >> songbird.config
61         ;;
but needs to be
Code:
59         fi
60         echo 'ac_add_options --with-media-core=gstreamer-system' >> nightingale.config
61         ;;

Thanks!
I used the fix from johnmurrayvi to fix the build.sh and compiled the sb-trunk-oldxul.
It built fine and ran fine I only found two problems:
- The tabs on the addon settings page are messed up.
- The volume control always starts as just a dot but as soon as you set the volume the rest of the bar fills in.
See attached screenshot to see these errors.

Is the settings folder meant to be ~/.nightingale now rather than ~/.nightingale2 ?

I also found when updating the rdfs of extensions that they still didn't work. The MediaFlow addon actually causes a segmentation fault.
(02-14-2012, 07:22 AM)johnmurrayvi Wrote: [ -> ]I was having issues at first building sb-trunk, also getting errors regarding the gstreamer libs, however the build.sh script was the problem. It creates songbird.config instead of nightingale.config. Tested it with a clean copy of the branch with just the one change in build.sh and it builds successfully (at least on Ubuntu 11.10 x86_64). This was addressed in the 1.8 branch but is still broken in sb-trunk-oldxul.

Simple fix, but can send a pull-request or if someone else could put it in their next push:
Line 60 is
Code:
59         fi
60         echo 'ac_add_options --with-media-core=gstreamer-system' >> songbird.config
61         ;;
but needs to be
Code:
59         fi
60         echo 'ac_add_options --with-media-core=gstreamer-system' >> nightingale.config
61         ;;

Thanks!

Thanks for submitting! Fixed now.
Pages: 1 2 3 4