MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Nightingale Forums - Hanging

Nightingale Forums

Full Version: Hanging
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Everytime I start Nightingale it freezes and I can't click anything excepts the menu and the play control. If I click an the play buttton, erverything is working correctly!

Code:
(nightingale-bin:10896): Gdk-WARNING **: gdk_window_set_icon_list: icons too large

(nightingale-bin:10896): Gdk-WARNING **: gdk_window_set_icon_list: icons too large

this.m_addToPlaylist is null in SBPlaylistCommand_AddToPlaylist ?!!
this.m_addToDevice is null in SBPlaylistCommand_AddToDevice ?!!

(12-26-2011, 11:00 PM)HowUpDoHighKnee Wrote: [ -> ]Everytime I start Nightingale it freezes and I can't click anything excepts the menu and the play control. If I click an the play buttton, erverything is working correctly!

What distro and architecture are you using?
(12-27-2011, 01:54 AM)Timmythepirate Wrote: [ -> ]What distro and architecture are you using?

Ubuntu 11.10 64-bit unity
With any build. no matter if I take my own build or the finished build
Do you have the gstreamer and gtk libraries installed?
(01-04-2012, 01:10 AM)ilikenwf Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have the gstreamer and gtk libraries installed?

One time I pressed the [Space]-Key and Nightingale started playing music and I could do sth. but after some clicks it hang again. I think it has sth. to do with the playlists, because it appeard the first time after I created a playlist. I deleted the "/home/user/.nightingale2" folder and now it works again, but I have to reinstal my extensions and do my settings again.
At some point one of us who runs that distro (or in a VM) will have to take a look into what's going on, if we can't figure it out here.
That's a weird issue. Does it have to do with the fact that it's 64-bit architecture? I run the 32-bit version of Linux Mint 12 (which is based on and compatible with Ubuntu 11.10) using Cinnamon and I have not had any issues with Nightingale. I'll try to do a test with 64-bit when I get the chance.
Okay, so I tested the 64-bit .deb that Ezekiel built in a couple of OS's. It works perfectly in LMDE 64-bit. The same build in Ubuntu 11.10 didn't load until after I ran the following command:
Code:
sudo chmod -R 777 /usr/share/nightingale
However Nightingale would only import a few songs from my library and then crashed when I tried to play one of the songs. When I tried LM 12 64-bit, I ran
Code:
and everything runs just fine.

Ubuntu seems to have problems with taglib and with Nightingale itself. Since, LM 12 (an Ubuntu-based distro) did just fine, I'm going to guess that the problem is with Unity or some other thing that is specific to the Ubuntu distro.
(01-05-2012, 01:05 PM)Timmythepirate Wrote: [ -> ]
Code:

I tried the command, but without any success! Nightingale starts, shows the window, loads the Library- and Add-Ons-Tab but then freezes and the loading spinner stops. Nothing works, but I get no error output.
Has nightingale an debug or verbose output option to start?

I'll try it the days with LM 64-Bit if I get it managed to download to dist. and run it. I think it a Problem with Unity. I also had a problem with displaying the timeline correctly (see Error in the timeline). But it could be sth. special problem with my computer because I destroyed the system a few times. The display manager too. I installed KDE, uninstalled it but some parts of Gnome too, then repaired Gnome and had some problem with Gnome. But I'll try it sometime with a fresh install.

When I start Nightingale with the terminal, I don't get
Code:
anymore. This is because I deleted the "/home/user/.nightingale2" folder but it still freezes!?!?