MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Nightingale Forums - sbIMediacoreManager interface

Nightingale Forums

Full Version: sbIMediacoreManager interface
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi.

Code:
mediaCoreManager = Components.classes["@getnightingale.com/Nightingale/Mediacore/Manager;1"].getService(Components.interfaces.sbIMediacoreManager);
mediaCoreManager.playbackControl // undefined
mediaCoreManager["playbackControl"] // null
nightingale.playbackControl // undefined too

for (i in mediaCoreManager) {
alert(i); // We found it exists
}

According to this http://developer.songbirdnest.com/add-on...nager.html mediacore manager have readonly attribute sbIMediacorePlaybackControl playbackControl

The question where it is in Nightingale?
I mean it exist but why I cannot use it?
I think this is a serious problem. I was hacking at nightingale code and found that code injected for example in app/content/bindings/playerControls.xml have access to playbackControl property of the sbIMediacoreManager but the same code injected in the script for example app/content/scripts/mainPlayerWindows.js shows null.
Also I've compared sbIMediacoreManager.idl sbIMediacorePlaybackControl.idl sbBaseMediacore.cpp sbBaseMediacore.h sbBaseMediacorePlaybackControl.cpp sbBaseMediacorePlaybackControl.h with Songbird files. They seem to be identical (except comments and other unimportant things).

There is comment:
/**
* To log this module, set the following environment variable:
* NSPR_LOG_MODULES=sbBaseMediacorePlaybackControl:5
*/
Tried setting this value in terminal and running nightingale but I see no log output. Maybe I'm doing this wrong way?
(12-30-2011, 08:34 PM)LookingMan Wrote: [ -> ]I think this is a serious problem. I was hacking at nightingale code and found that code injected for example in app/content/bindings/playerControls.xml have access to playbackControl property of the sbIMediacoreManager but the same code injected in the script for example app/content/scripts/mainPlayerWindows.js shows null.
Also I've compared sbBaseMediacore.cpp sbBaseMediacore.h sbBaseMediacorePlaybackControl.cpp sbBaseMediacorePlaybackControl.h with Songbird files. They seem to be identical (except comments and other unimportant things).

There is comment:
/**
* To log this module, set the following environment variable:
* NSPR_LOG_MODULES=sbBaseMediacorePlaybackControl:5
*/
Tried setting this value in terminal and running nightingale but I see no log output. Maybe I'm doing this wrong way?

I'm not sure if logging works in release builds.... try to compile it with the --enable-debug option?
I've got error: Could not derive SB_MOZILLA_VERSION
It's because we aren't shipping debug builds of xulrunner...and if this is the 1.8 branch it should be fine but in > 1.8 the logging is broken.
(12-30-2011, 09:49 PM)LookingMan Wrote: [ -> ]I've got error: Could not derive SB_MOZILLA_VERSION

... did you use the nightingale-1.8 branch? The other one, as ilikenwf pointed out, has some issues (aka doesn't build). For me debug builds on 1.8 are fine on windows, but you have to add the files in this zip after building if you want to get playback support...
Yes, nightingale-1.8 branch.
I will wait for new nightingale (maybe without this bug).