MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Nightingale Forums - Automatic tagger

Nightingale Forums

Full Version: Automatic tagger
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I like the automatic tagger service of MediaMonkey. You choose the tracks for which you want to fix metadata, press a key combo and it takes you to a results page where a few albums that match your search are listed. You chose the right one and MM automatically tags the music you selected previously (event if track titles mismatch or if some tracks are missing in your library).
I think this could be done using the Spotify lookup API, since there are quite many tracks...

Workflow:
More info about the API here: http://developer.spotify.com/en/metadata-api/overview/
List all Matches
Automatic tagging would be very nice.
In best case, it would be expensible, so you can add other services like last.fm etc.
I think that using the musicbrainz libraries would be a better route for ID3 tags, and attempt to get gracenote's cddb database, amongst others...

Then for albumart, lyrics, etc, we can get those from last.fm, spotify, perhaps google music, amazon, etc...