MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Nightingale Forums - Songbird Extensions to port?

Nightingale Forums

Full Version: Songbird Extensions to port?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I was looking at the extension I use on Songbird and was thinking that some might be better to integrate into the main Nightingale code base.
- FocusTrack
- MediaFlow
- MLyrics

Other extensions are useful but shouldn't necessarily be included in the main code but I think do need porting from Songbird.
- Wikipedia Extension
- BackupBird (depends on RatingFile extension maybe should be combined)
I agree with you, the three mentionned are musts, but we have to contact the devs of those extensions.
The other two you listed aren't that important. I don't use them.
All my add-ons will be updated to work with Nightingale, + add-ons I like and use which are no more updated by original authors, see here :
http://wiki.geekshadow.com/doku.php?id=add-ons
Here's a list I have:

Audio Bookmarks
iTunes Importer
MTP Support
iPod Support (d'uh)
NewTab
listposition
Partyruffle
Notifyme
Another useful add-on would be Windows Media Playback but be careful for licenses.

(04-30-2011, 11:05 AM)GeekShadow Wrote: [ -> ]All my add-ons will be updated to work with Nightingale, + add-ons I like and use which are no more updated by original authors, see here :
http://wiki.geekshadow.com/doku.php?id=add-ons
So there will be BirdTune and BirdQuizz on Nightingle? Wonderful ! Cool

I wish you the best for the portage of your numerous add-ons.
Doesn't the system Gstreamer already read wma?
(05-06-2011, 12:57 PM)Mozenrath Wrote: [ -> ]Doesn't the system Gstreamer already read wma?
Perhaps but can it read wma files that are protected with DRM ? I am not sure.
Dunno about everyone else but I really loved the Mashtape addon (the one that displayed scrolling pictures of the artist along the bottom of the UI).

It's not super important by a long way but it looked really nice:

Check it out
(05-07-2011, 10:38 PM)FalconBird Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-06-2011, 12:57 PM)Mozenrath Wrote: [ -> ]Doesn't the system Gstreamer already read wma?
Perhaps but can it read wma files that are protected with DRM ? I am not sure.

Oh okay, yeah I don't know about that.
(04-28-2011, 08:36 PM)Ezekiel000 Wrote: [ -> ]I was looking at the extension I use on Songbird and was thinking that some might be better to integrate into the main Nightingale code base.

We better ship them separately like POTI does with add-ons like Last.fm/MSC...
So what other add-ons do you think of ?
We should build a list, you can report add-ons, even old one that need update to work with latest version of SB/NG
Pages: 1 2 3