Nightingale Forums

Full Version: Forum bugs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

it seems that this forum has some bugs. It often shows me that some forums have unread postings when that's actually not the case. Some forum icons on the main page just turn black but there are no new postings.
There's also another issue with subforums. When there's an unread posting in a subforum the icon of the parent forum doesn't turn back to "no unread" when I've read all articles of the subforum.

Perhaps you can fix that. It's a bit annoying.
I have got that bug for a while too. But personally, it does not annoy me. There is not enough activity on this forum to be annoying.
I have this everytime I come over here. My theory is that it is caused by deleted spamposts.
In vBulletin forums are marked as unread when I move a posting there (also odd behavior, but what else can we expect from vBulletin, eh?). But I don't think that so many postings are moved here.
(04-19-2011, 12:09 AM)Manko10 Wrote: [ -> ]In vBulletin forums are marked as unread when I move a posting there (also odd behavior, but what else can we expect from vBulletin, eh?). But I don't think that so many postings are moved here.
There is an obvious link between vBulletin and Nightingale. They have got the same structure and are able to do exactly the same things.
But Nightingale uses MyBB, not vBulletin. Similar software, but still not the same.
(04-20-2011, 10:00 PM)Manko10 Wrote: [ -> ]But Nightingale uses MyBB, not vBulletin. Similar software, but still not the same.
I am sorry but I have just seen that I did a mistake. I wanted to say that there is an obvious link between vBulletin and Habari. However, you managed to answer to my question. Thank you !
(04-21-2011, 04:05 AM)FalconBird Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-20-2011, 10:00 PM)Manko10 Wrote: [ -> ]But Nightingale uses MyBB, not vBulletin. Similar software, but still not the same.
I am sorry but I have just seen that I did a mistake. I wanted to say that there is an obvious link between vBulletin and Habari. However, you managed to answer to my question. Thank you !

Habari's a blog software whereas MyBB & vBulletin are forums. Quite a difference.

I'll hack around in the MyBB source code to find out what triggers the unread post dark circle & maybe change it to something more reliable.
this is my 4th time I registre on the forum, whats happen??
And we don't use Habari, it sucks.