Nightingale Forums

Full Version: Bluetooth audio Mac is glitching
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Version: Nightingale 1.12.1, Build 2454 (20140112193356) is glitching the sound on bluetooth headset on mac, osx 10.8.5 (AD2P possibly apt X encoding). No glitches on internal speakers, no issues with sound from i.e. firefox.

I tried increasing the playback buffer with no results. I don't want to try to build nightingale myself atm. Any other ideas?
(08-04-2016, 08:45 PM)rtjure Wrote: [ -> ]Version: Nightingale 1.12.1, Build 2454 (20140112193356) is glitching the sound on bluetooth headset on mac, osx 10.8.5 (AD2P possibly apt X encoding). No glitches on internal speakers, no issues with sound from i.e. firefox.

Sounds like a gstreamer issue to me; maybe the old gstreamer version Nightingale uses internally has some issues with the headset? Sadly, I don't know how you could work around that (I'd assume that manually building would not help, as gstreamer is prebuilt), except upgrading/fixing gstreamer.

But I don't have nor use a Mac, thus I might miss something obvious. Maybe there's some kind of compatibility mode? Let's hope a mac user knows more Wink