Nightingale Forums

Full Version: Nightingale default feather
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
(10-01-2011, 08:03 AM)GeekShadow Wrote: [ -> ]@Timmythepirate
What steps did you do to get the feather working with Nightingale ? I did looks but it seems we need to change lots of references...
I "cheated" to get it to work. I manually copied the images in the default feather and changed the colors in the css files. Most things look and work fine, but some really weird errors occur, e.g., the add-on and preferences menu are inaccessible. I tried to get the new feather to work by merely changing all the references to purple rain and songbird, but Nightingale did not run at all. I found that if you try to modify the existing feather, most things look correct, but special windows, e.g., add-ons, preferences, about, either do not run or do not look right.
That's what I was wondering Wink
Well there seems to be a lot of things to update to get it work with Nightingale, will look at this tomorrow.
Another thing that still needs to be done is to modify the appearance of the Media Flow add-on, correct the physically incorrect reflections and build it into the core. It's an important part of the new feather.
Okay. So I tried to just change all references to songbird in the new feather and it wouldn't run unless I kept the same mainplayer.xul file, but I finally got the actual feather to run in Nightingale. The addon and Options menus do not work and the menubar is the wrong color for some reason. (The arrow keys look weird because of my system theme.)

EDIT: Okay, everything has been rebranded and runs, but the addon and preference menus still don't work.
If someone can fix the errors with the addon and preference windows this should work great.

https://github.com/Timmythepirate/Nighti....8_2011.10

@Timmythepirate
Well the plan is first to finish the feather in order too looks good in 1.8 Songbird, next branch it, then port it to Nightingale. Extra step : try to make the feather both compatible with Songbird and Nightingale.
You can help, I'll just add you to the google code project if you want to commit more changes Smile

Note : your git repo don't include all files, at some point, I will also add build files to the feather.
(10-03-2011, 08:33 AM)GeekShadow Wrote: [ -> ]@Timmythepirate
Well the plan is first to finish the feather in order too looks good in 1.8 Songbird, next branch it, then port it to Nightingale. Extra step : try to make the feather both compatible with Songbird and Nightingale.
You can help, I'll just add you to the google code project if you want to commit more changes Smile

Note : your git repo don't include all files, at some point, I will also add build files to the feather.

I realize that the feather isn't finished, I just wanted to see if I could get it to work in Nightingale. Also, the feather was taken by extracting a jar from the chrome folder. I intended it to be something that a person could use to replace the current nightingale-system.jar, but I guess I could go ahead and place a jar on github. Unfortunately I have little experience with git, so we'll see.
(10-03-2011, 08:33 AM)GeekShadow Wrote: [ -> ]Note : your git repo don't include all files, at some point, I will also add build files to the feather.

I'm not very good with build files, but I uploaded "nightingale-system.jar" which is just a rebranded version of the modified "purplerain.jar" from Songbird. At the very least people can replace the old "nightingale-system.jar" with the new one and see if it works.

@Timmythepirate

I pushed the latest bits for the ngale-feather on GitHub and ilikenwf pulled it.

I notice you "blue" up many things, so I revert back some icons, seems like you didn't noticed some png icons are apng (animated png).

Could you get on IRC (irc.mozilla.org #nightingale) to finalize the integration and to squash any feather bug ?

Thanks a lot !
(10-18-2011, 09:38 AM)GeekShadow Wrote: [ -> ]@Timmythepirate

I pushed the latest bits for the ngale-feather on GitHub and ilikenwf pulled it.

I notice you "blue" up many things, so I revert back some icons, seems like you didn't noticed some png icons are apng (animated png).

Could you get on IRC (irc.mozilla.org #nightingale) to finalize the integration and to squash any feather bug ?

Thanks a lot !

I guess I got carried away. I just like the look of blue icons. Also, is there anything specific that you want me to do for the feather? I'm not sure exactly what there is for me to do.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10