Nightingale Forums

Full Version: Lastfm scrobbles not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello!

Since lastfm updated its website scrobbles have completely stopped working. Is there any workaround?
Not a workaround but a plain fix: https://twitter.com/getnightingale/statu...1686452225, and if you don't trust Twitter: all you have to do is redownload the extension from http://addons.getnightingale.com and maybe relogin and you should be set.
What's the addon version number once installed?
Thanks for the tip, I jsut realized the linked version didn't build properly, as in, the version number it shows isn't 1.0.13, but instead it's 1.0.12 (plus some random letters, which are the git commit the install.rdf was built against).
So, is that build the one that it's supposed to work now? I've got that one installed and it randomly scrobbles tracks (1 or 2 out of 8-10 tracks)
It only scrobbles tracks that get accepted by last.fm, so they need to be at least 30 seconds long and have a title and artist set. See also Issue #191.
I didn't have any trouble scrobbling my tracks till the day that last.fm updated their website. Since then the problems appeared in nightingale and also in a music player that I use on my iPhone...
(09-11-2015, 02:44 AM)freaktechnik Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the tip, I jsut realized the linked version didn't build properly, as in, the version number it shows isn't 1.0.13, but instead it's 1.0.12 (plus some random letters, which are the git commit the install.rdf was built against).

hi. i tried multiple times installing this from both links provided and also from the official addon page, every time the version displayed is 1.0.12-baddirtyetc... obviously, every time it does not work (keeps trying to log in forever).
could you please provide a direct link to the 1.0.13 addon?
thank you. Smile
I've been having the same issue still with the latest version of the add-on.  It was working before but I recently realized it hadn't been scrobbling anything since early December.  Tried re-connecting and re-installing the add-on but that didn't fix the issue.  Tonight I tried uninstalling and installing using the link from the latest Nightingale tweet (which I assume points to the same version that is in the Add-Ons library), and re-connecting to last.fm and it worked...for one track, and then it stopped working.  Tried the Last.fm Scrobbling Support Add-On but it isn't compatible with the current version of Nightingale.  I can scrobble just fine using iTunes and the official Scrobbler, but I would prefer to use Nightingale.  I think it's the best free music player for Mac OS X out there...if only I could scrobble from it again!  Appreciate all the work the developers have done, and hope this issue can be resolved soon.

In case this matters, I'm running OS X Yosemite 10.10.5
(01-31-2016, 06:40 PM)submodality Wrote: [ -> ]I've been having the same issue still with the latest version of the add-on.  It was working before but I recently realized it hadn't been scrobbling anything since early December.  Tried re-connecting and re-installing the add-on but that didn't fix the issue.  Tonight I tried uninstalling and installing using the link from the latest Nightingale tweet (which I assume points to the same version that is in the Add-Ons library), and re-connecting to last.fm and it worked...for one track, and then it stopped working.  Tried the Last.fm Scrobbling Support Add-On but it isn't compatible with the current version of Nightingale.  I can scrobble just fine using iTunes and the official Scrobbler, but I would prefer to use Nightingale.  I think it's the best free music player for Mac OS X out there...if only I could scrobble from it again!  Appreciate all the work the developers have done, and hope this issue can be resolved soon.

In case this matters, I'm running OS X Yosemite 10.10.5

I've had the same problem as well, it will scrobble only certain tracks in my library (maybe 1 out of 100). I'm not sure if it's a problem with Nightingale, or if it has to do with the fact that Last.fm website has been in Beta for the past while. Fortunately, the alternative Last.fm Scrobbling Support add-on works fine together with the official Last.fm Scrobbler app!
Pages: 1 2