Nightingale Forums

Full Version: Album Art Won't Sync With Song
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi. I'm new to Nightingale. I love the media player so far. The only problem I have so far is that when a song is playing from my media library, the cover art doesn't change with the song. I have to click the song's name in the player controls to get the cover art to change with the song. When a new song starts playing, the cover art for the old song is shown until I click on the new song's name in the player controls. I can't figure out how to get the cover art to automatically sync with the song that's playing. Does anyone know how to do this?

I'm using Nightingale 1.12.1, build 2454 on Linux Mint 17.
(08-27-2015, 02:40 PM)k4ever Wrote: [ -> ]Hi. I'm new to Nightingale. I love the media player so far. The only problem I have so far is that when a song is playing from my media library, the cover art doesn't change with the song. I have to click the song's name in the player controls to get the cover art to change with the song. When a new song starts playing, the cover art for the old song is shown until I click on the new song's name in the player controls. I can't figure out how to get the cover art to automatically sync with the song that's playing. Does anyone know how to do this?

If you right-click the album art image in the service pane, you can select "Show Now Playing" rather than "Show Now Selected". Smile
(08-28-2015, 01:36 AM)zjays Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-27-2015, 02:40 PM)k4ever Wrote: [ -> ]Hi. I'm new to Nightingale. I love the media player so far. The only problem I have so far is that when a song is playing from my media library, the cover art doesn't change with the song. I have to click the song's name in the player controls to get the cover art to change with the song. When a new song starts playing, the cover art for the old song is shown until I click on the new song's name in the player controls. I can't figure out how to get the cover art to automatically sync with the song that's playing. Does anyone know how to do this?

If you right-click the album art image in the service pane, you can select "Show Now Playing" rather than "Show Now Selected". Smile

Thanks! That worked great for the cover art in the context panel. How do I get the cover art in MediaFlow to do the same?
Use the FocusTrack addon.
You can also try WhirlyBird instead of MediaFlow. It seems to have the functionality of FocusTrack built in to it, and also works better with PartyRuffle if you'll be using that.
Thanks everyone!  I'm loving Nightingale now. I installed WhirlyBird and set the album cover to "Show Now Playing" as suggested. I even installed the Noct feather. Nightingale looks great and works ok. There are still a few bugs here and there that need to be fixed (doesn't resume song exactly where it stopped at, doesn't always go to full screen on launch, notifications don't work well with KDE systray, etc). However, Nightingale is now my default music player on Linux. Now if there was just a Spotify add-on...
(08-28-2015, 01:36 AM)zjays Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-27-2015, 02:40 PM)k4ever Wrote: [ -> ]Hi. I'm new to Nightingale. I love the media player so far. The only problem I have so far is that when a song is playing from my media library, the cover art doesn't change with the song. I have to click the song's name in the player controls to get the cover art to change with the song. When a new song starts playing, the cover art for the old song is shown until I click for the new vigrx plus song's name in the player controls. I can't figure out how to get the cover art to automatically sync with the song that's playing. Does anyone know how to do this?

Damn, all I had to do was right click? lol. One thing I have noticed is that it doesn't remember my setting. I keep having to right click and change the setting to show the current songs artwork. Is there a save changes setting I'm missing?
(08-21-2016, 05:11 PM)Rngo Wrote: [ -> ]One thing I have noticed is that it doesn't remember my setting. I keep having to right click and change the setting to show the current songs artwork. Is there a save changes setting I'm missing?

Works for me on Linux (1.13a, some nightly from 2014, 64bit), it should start with the mode that was selected at shutdown.

Your setting is stored in a preference called 'songbird.albumart.displaypane.view', which is '1' for now playing and '0' for now selected. As it is written when closing Nightingale, you cannot reasonably change it through about:config, though. Can you verify the preference is updated properly? To manually change it, see the prefs.js file in your profile folder.