Nightingale Forums

Full Version: recover data from other install
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, i've reinstalled windows 7 with keeping in backup all the other windows. I've tried to recover data from my old installation of nightingale and i'm unable to do so.

I've tried copying nightingale file over my new installation and still doesn't get back my old playlists. I've tried to copy the profile file found in my backup In system/user/michel/local settings/nightingale" and replace it in "system/user/michel/local settings/nightingale" and it didn't changed anythings.

Can you help?

Thanks
(08-17-2015, 03:35 AM)lemics Wrote: [ -> ]I've tried copying nightingale file over my new installation and still doesn't get back my old playlists. I've tried to copy the profile file found in my backup In system/user/michel/local settings/nightingale" and replace it in "system/user/michel/local settings/nightingale" and it didn't changed anythings.

Any persistent data is stored within your profile. On windows, the profile is by default in %APPDATA%\Nightingale\X.default, where the X ist some random combination of letters. The easiest way to restore your profile is to first start Nightingale up (this will create a new profile), close it, then paste the content of the old %APPDATA%\Nightingale\X.default into the newly created %APPDATA%\Nightingale\Y.default (overwrite any conflicting files, or clean the folder beforehand). Then start Nightingale again -- it should show all the old data. Important: in order to be able to play anything, you need to ensure that all file paths to media files are the very same as before reinstalling windows. If your music previously was at D:\Some\Path and is now on C:\Some\Other\Path, Nightingale won't find your music files.

If you are not familiar with Windows environment variables: %APPDATA% resolves to AppData\Roaming within your profile folder (usually C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Roaming -- but note that some folders appear to have different names depending on your locale).

Edit: Is there a particular reason you opened this thread in General Discussion? If not, I'd move this to Helpdesk.