Nightingale Forums

Full Version: Update retrieved artwork from ID3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I deleted artwork in ~/.nightingale/xxxxxxx.default/artwork because there were artwork files of music I no longer have in my collection. Now for the music that I still do have and artwork is available in ID3, this artwork is not updated. Only artwork from newly added albums appears. What is the best way to trigger updating artwork?

They only thing that worked was enable Auto-fetch Album Artwork in Preferences, remove the directory that needs rescanning from ~/Music, wait a bit, and move it back. Normally, enabling this option is not needed for Nightingale to notige the ID3 artwork. Is this the most appropriate way?

Additional question is the following. When copying artwork from track menu item View Metadata, the artwork is recoded to jpeg when it is originally png. Is this done on purpose? Ths causes undesired effects when copying from track 1 (png) to track 2 - track 10 (jpeg). To keep all in sync, one needs to copy from 1 to 1 to 10 but png quality is lost. Anyone has thought on this
(07-20-2015, 08:50 PM)Pander Wrote: [ -> ]I deleted artwork in ~/.nightingale/xxxxxxx.default/artwork because there were artwork files of music I no longer have in my collection. Now for the music that I still do have and artwork is available in ID3, this artwork is not updated. Only artwork from newly added albums appears. What is the best way to trigger updating artwork?

They only thing that worked was enable Auto-fetch Album Artwork in Preferences, remove the directory that needs rescanning from ~/Music, wait a bit, and move it back. Normally, enabling this option is not needed for Nightingale to notige the ID3 artwork. Is this the most appropriate way?
Messing with the profile folder manually is almost always a game of know-what-you're-doing-or-you're-breaking-things; what you did is officially not supported in any way. Nightingale assumes to be the only thing altering your profile, so you got the application into an inconsistent state.

You broke internal references in the library database, thus re-importing the whole library would be the obvious clean option here (RatingFile will permit you to keep your ratings and play-counts, metadata of files not supporting metatata, such as wav audio, will be lost in the process. Non-Smart playlists will be lost as well). For that, deleting any entry in Nightingale's library and import the whole thing again.

For the jpeg thing: I'm not sure if this is a interface bug (and renames png files to jpeg) or if an actual conversion is happening; I strongly suspect the first one. Feel free to report it!
(07-21-2015, 03:02 AM)rsjtdrjgfuzkfg Wrote: [ -> ]For the jpeg thing: I'm not sure if this is a interface bug (and renames png files to jpeg) or if an actual conversion is happening; I strongly suspect the first one. Feel free to report it!

The magic for copying happens in this script: https://github.com/nightingale-media-pla...Artwork.js

I haven't looked at it, but the album art gets embedded in an svg (as image, I'd imagine) in the markup for the track editor.

(Also, sorry for messing with your post, rsj, hit the wrong button ^^)