Nightingale Forums

Full Version: Playing music stopped working - Ubuntu 14.04
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

maybe I removed some packages in the past and now I'm unable to play music with nightingale anymore.

Whcich packages are required? Nightingale starts fine, but if I hit the play Button nothing happens...
If I double-click files in the Library I'm only able to change the name.

this is the comandlineoutput:
Code:
➜  ~  nightingale

(process:12474): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_slice_set_config: assertion 'sys_page_size == 0' failed

(nightingale-bin:12474): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Attempt to add property GnomeProgram::sm-connect after class was initialised

(nightingale-bin:12474): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Attempt to add property GnomeProgram::show-crash-dialog after class was initialised

(nightingale-bin:12474): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Attempt to add property GnomeProgram::display after class was initialised

(nightingale-bin:12474): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Attempt to add property GnomeProgram::default-icon after class was initialised

(nightingale-bin:12474): Gdk-WARNING **: gdk_window_set_icon_list: icons too large

(nightingale-bin:12474): Gdk-WARNING **: gdk_window_set_icon_list: icons too large

I have one additional workstation, same OS, same Nightingale and everthing is still fine there. Was not able to find any differences in installed packages regarding "gstreamer"...

I've already resetted ./nightingale directory without success.

I'm on the daily ppa on both workstations and have the problem since a month or two...

thanks in advance
Marc
If you use nightingale in any language but English playback is most likely broken in the nightly version right now, see Issue #302.

Further apt should make sure nightingale gets uninstalled when you remove the gstreamer packages it depends on. Depending on the filetype you need gstreamer0.10-plugins-good, gstreamer0.10-plugins-bad or even gstreamer0.10-plugins-ugly plus their dependencies.

If that doesn't help go to Tools->Error Console after trying to play a song.
Thanks for the info. Already in german lang...

a lot of errors... so I cleared and restartet songbird, now after playing:

Code:
Fehler: uncaught exception: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0xc1f30001 (NS_ERROR_NOT_INITIALIZED) [sbIMediacoreMultibandEqualizer.setBand]"  nsresult: "0xc1f30001 (NS_ERROR_NOT_INITIALIZED)"  location: "JS frame :: chrome://songbird/content/bindings/eqBandSlider.xml :: onTrackGain :: line 113"  data: no]

Fehler: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nsIStringBundle.GetStringFromName]"  nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)"  location: "JS frame :: file:///usr/lib/nightingale/components/ngLocalizableEqualizerPreset.js :: anonymous :: line 68"  data: no]
Quelldatei: file:///usr/lib/nightingale/components/ngLocalizableEqualizerPreset.js
Zeile: 71

Fehler: Syntax-Fehler
Quelldatei: file:///home/msc/.nightingale/82m615oy.default/recommendedAddOnBundle.xml
Zeile: 1, Spalte: 50
Quelltext:
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">

Fehler: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0xc1f30001 (NS_ERROR_NOT_INITIALIZED) [sbIMediacoreVolumeControl.volume]"  nsresult: "0xc1f30001 (NS_ERROR_NOT_INITIALIZED)"  location: "JS frame :: file:///usr/lib/nightingale/extensions/mpris@getnightingale.com/platform/Linux_x86_64-gcc3/components/ngMprisService.js :: anonymous :: line 1323"  data: no]
Quelldatei: file:///usr/lib/nightingale/extensions/mpris@getnightingale.com/platform/Linux_x86_64-gcc3/components/ngMprisService.js
Zeile: 1323

Fehler: uncaught exception: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x8000ffff (NS_ERROR_UNEXPECTED) [sbIMediacoreSequencer.playView]"  nsresult: "0x8000ffff (NS_ERROR_UNEXPECTED)"  location: "JS frame :: file:///usr/lib/nightingale/components/sbApplicationController.js :: ApplicationController_playDefault :: line 137"  data: no]

Fehler: uncaught exception: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80004003 (NS_ERROR_INVALID_POINTER) [sbIPlaylistCommandsManager.removeListenerForMediaList]"  nsresult: "0x80004003 (NS_ERROR_INVALID_POINTER)"  location: "JS frame :: chrome://songbird/content/bindings/sbCommands.xml :: destroy :: line 90"  data: no]

any Language BUT english. Sorry, now its fine.
thanks a lot.

But why on another - almost the same setup - its working fine... strange...
(08-10-2014, 03:39 PM)marc Wrote: [ -> ]But why on another - almost the same setup - its working fine... strange...

Either because that's on the release PPA (Version 1.12.1) or an outdated nightly version (1.12.2a instead of 1.13a). You can check the version under Help->About Nightingale.