Nightingale Forums

Full Version: Cache Folder?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I have my music on a local server.

Nightinale is installed on computer "A" and the watched folder points to server "B", (a sftp mounted folder)

This creates a huge traffic on my local network (some files are in flac format).

The question is: Can Nightingale use some sort of cache (as Spotify does), so i do not have to download the music from the server B every time I want to listen music?????

if the response is "yes", how??

Thank you very much.
(07-19-2014, 08:00 AM)icaro440 Wrote: [ -> ]Can Nightingale use some sort of cache (as Spotify does), so i do not have to download the music from the server B every time I want to listen music?

Out-of-the box no. I have not used spotify, but from what I heared the cache there is the only local copy of the media? In your scenario, the files on server "B" seem like a local file, so they are treated like a local file.

You could cache on the OS level (mount with a cache if there are solutions for your OS, or manually cache to somewhere on the disk), or from within Nightingale by writing an add-on handling a media cache. Afaik there is currently no add-on doing this, but writing one would be possible.
yeah, an extension for handling cache would be great, (to choose folder, size, etc etc)

ok, thanks for your answer, your work and your time.
(07-20-2014, 10:40 AM)icaro440 Wrote: [ -> ]yeah, an extension for handling cache would be great, (to choose folder, size, etc etc)

[Moved] to add-on suggestions.