Nightingale Forums

Full Version: Patiently Waiting!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, I've used Linux for several months, mainly Ubuntu, but I've tried out Fedora 12. I've really liked the whole experience. One thing I've missed are games, and my Zune Software. Unfortunately, the games I like, like LotRO, won't run on my Linux system through wine, cause of my hardware... Sad Zune Software doesn't run in wine at all.

I've been looking for a good media player, cause i don't really like rhythmbox. I'm waiting for this. Smile It seems awesome.
(03-22-2011, 05:30 PM)TsarProdigy Wrote: [ -> ]I've been looking for a good media player, cause i don't really like rhythmbox. I'm waiting for this. Smile It seems awesome.

There are plenty of great music players on Linux (I've tried more than my fair share of them).

I was using Songbird for the longest time but I finally decided that it was too sluggish and looked like an alien on my desktop so, after searching high and low for a worthy replacement, I finally settled on Clementine (which is pretty much based on my much-loved Amarok 1.4).

However, if this project takes off like we all hope it will, I will probably make the switch to Nightingale in the near future.
(03-24-2011, 07:41 AM)zain3000 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-22-2011, 05:30 PM)TsarProdigy Wrote: [ -> ]I've been looking for a good media player, cause i don't really like rhythmbox. I'm waiting for this. Smile It seems awesome.

There are plenty of great music players on Linux (I've tried more than my fair share of them).

I was using Songbird for the longest time but I finally decided that it was too sluggish and looked like an alien on my desktop so, after searching high and low for a worthy replacement, I finally settled on Clementine (which is pretty much based on my much-loved Amarok 1.4).

However, if this project takes off like we all hope it will, I will probably make the switch to Nightingale in the near future.

I'm just settling with Rhythmbox, cause its simple. I just don't like the GUI.
I hope to use Nightingale when it comes out, though! Big Grin
I'm kinda lazy though, so i don't feel looking for something better yet.
Clementine doesn't look or feel all that appealing. It seems as polished as Vuze, which feels like someone vomited on Apple's iTunes. What impresses me is that it has native integration for MusicBrainz, which I've been advocating over at Songbird for a while.

Rhythmbox is unintuitive and simply doesn't satisfy the needs of a real music library. Songbird is already far past it. Rhythmbox also is visually nondescript. Comparing its visual functionality to Songbird is like comparing a squirt gun to an M9.