Nightingale Forums

Full Version: Importing via the Network
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I have just successfully installed Nightingale onto my Virtual Debian 7 machine. I keep all of my music on a seperate hard drive and would like Nightingale to access this drive. When I try importing media the window that pops up just shows various file locations but not access to the Network and therefore my music library. Is this a problem with Debian or Nightingale and is there a work around please ?
Nightingale uses one of the default filepicker widgets from your DE, so it is an issue with your DE, I can however not imagine the file picker not allowing you to pick file on mounted external mediums. If you don't find a way, try mounting the hard drive somewhere into your local file system, which should then allow you to access it with this file picker.
My two hands it's a problem of permissions. Your network is probably mounted with root rights. A classical. Try to mount it as a normal user or (unrecommended) run nightingale as root
(04-24-2014, 09:14 PM)freaktechnik Wrote: [ -> ]Nightingale uses one of the default filepicker widgets from your DE, so it is an issue with your DE, I can however not imagine the file picker not allowing you to pick file on mounted external mediums. If you don't find a way, try mounting the hard drive somewhere into your local file system, which should then allow you to access it with this file picker.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll gi8ve it a try.

(04-25-2014, 02:13 AM)spamnchips Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-24-2014, 09:14 PM)freaktechnik Wrote: [ -> ]Nightingale uses one of the default filepicker widgets from your DE, so it is an issue with your DE, I can however not imagine the file picker not allowing you to pick file on mounted external mediums. If you don't find a way, try mounting the hard drive somewhere into your local file system, which should then allow you to access it with this file picker.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll give it a try.