Nightingale Forums

Full Version: DIrectTune: Organize the Station List?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Nightingale is my favorite music explorer on Linux. When I was a Windows person, MusicBee was the clear favorite. Nightingale is becoming almost as strong as MusicBee for exploring various types of music.

The DirectTune add-on is a big part of that. It lets me connect easily to any of my favorite audiophile-quality internet radio streams. Although it doesn't (yet) bring up album art and artist info, it nevertheless makes it easy to connect.

Has anyone learned a way to organize the radio stations in the DirectTunes list? My stations all display in the order I created them. I can't find any way to alphabetize them, or drag-and-drop them into some other logical groupings.
(03-02-2014, 05:52 AM)Iggy64 Wrote: [ -> ]Nightingale is my favorite music explorer on Linux. When I was a Windows person, MusicBee was the clear favorite. Nightingale is becoming almost as strong as MusicBee for exploring various types of music.

The DirectTune add-on is a big part of that. It lets me connect easily to any of my favorite audiophile-quality internet radio streams. Although it doesn't (yet) bring up album art and artist info, it nevertheless makes it easy to connect.

Has anyone learned a way to organize the radio stations in the DirectTunes list? My stations all display in the order I created them. I can't find any way to alphabetize them, or drag-and-drop them into some other logical groupings.

I did not write DirectTune proper enough to utilize regular playback stuff, it is mainly a UI simulating a website. So, if you wish to improve that that would be awesome!

Besides that, you can manually change the order by re-sorting them in about:config, key is "extensions.directtune.streams". If you have many streams, you need to go to your profile folder and edit prefs.js in it, as the UI doesn't seem to like big strings. In that case, search for a line like
Quote:user_pref("extensions.directtune.streams", "{\"streams\":[<<>>]}");
where <<>> is the technical representation of your streams, separated by commata. If you change the order there, while direct tune is closed (!), the next time you load it you should see your new order.
I just realized that I forgot to respond to rsjtdrjgfuzkfg!

Even thought a lot of time has passed, I very much appreciate your taking time to explain some things about DirectTune, and these were very helpful.